Let's Go Giants - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Let's Go Giants

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Let's Go Giants

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:09 pm

As you may or may not know, I'm a pathetic Cowboys fan. But I live in CT, so this Super Bowl is really just about as bad as it gets for me. I despise Boston sports, even the ones I don't watch. And the Giants are insufferable to me and have done nothing but torture me over the last several years, beating us around en route to two Superbowls now.

In 2007 I was a freshman at UMass. The Red Sox won the World Series that year, the Celtics the NBA championship, and the Pats were undefeated heading into the Superbowl. Boston was at the height of their obnoxious reign on top of the sports world. And there I was in the center of it, rocking my Yankee hat everyday as a proverbial middle finger to everyone around me. So now I had to choose between the two NFL teams I hated more than any, the Giants and the Pats. At the time the choice was easy. I rooted for the Giants like I had been a fan my entire life. And I was thrilled when they won.

This time it's different. It's against every fiber of my being to root for a Boston sports team. But god damn it do I hate the Giants. Let's go Pats.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:54 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:As you may or may not know, I'm a pathetic Cowboys fan... the Giants are insufferable to me and have done nothing but torture me over the last several years, beating us around en route to two Superbowls now.

Haha, as a Giants fan, this is how I feel about the Eagles (aside from the Super Bowls, obviously... :-D ). They just seem to have the Giants' number. As far as Dallas goes, I feel as if Jerry Jones is really killing that team. I was glad to hear a few months back that he had no plans of hiring a GM. What's your opinion on him making personnel decisions?

As far as the hate for the Giants fans goes, I can understand that. Of course, as a Giants fan living in New England, I feel the same way about Patriots fans. It's too bad that the fans of a team often affect how a rival perceives the team. Looking at the Patriots objectively, I love the way their team is put together. Kraft seems like one of the classiest owners in the league, Belichick is perhaps the greatest innovative mind in the game right now, and I really like Brady's competitive mentality.

That being said, I will be absolutely crushed if the Patriots win. Like lastings mentioned however, there's no way anyone can definitively say who will win. I feel like they're too close talent-wise.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Riding the Giants has just bought me my new Easton Synergy stick. Go Giants!!!!!!

in 2008 every team that the Giants faced in the NFC playoffs beat them during the regular season. This is becoming eerily familiar. Cpughlin is very underrated. Shame that the Giants beat the Pats during the regular season.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:58 am

Inukchuk wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:As you may or may not know, I'm a pathetic Cowboys fan... the Giants are insufferable to me and have done nothing but torture me over the last several years, beating us around en route to two Superbowls now.

Haha, as a Giants fan, this is how I feel about the Eagles (aside from the Super Bowls, obviously... :-D ). They just seem to have the Giants' number. As far as Dallas goes, I feel as if Jerry Jones is really killing that team. I was glad to hear a few months back that he had no plans of hiring a GM. What's your opinion on him making personnel decisions?

As far as the hate for the Giants fans goes, I can understand that. Of course, as a Giants fan living in New England, I feel the same way about Patriots fans. It's too bad that the fans of a team often affect how a rival perceives the team. Looking at the Patriots objectively, I love the way their team is put together. Kraft seems like one of the classiest owners in the league, Belichick is perhaps the greatest innovative mind in the game right now, and I really like Brady's competitive mentality.

That being said, I will be absolutely crushed if the Patriots win. Like lastings mentioned however, there's no way anyone can definitively say who will win. I feel like they're too close talent-wise.

I can't stand Jerry anymore. I could almost deal with the constant heartbreak if he at least ran the team in a respectable way. Jimmy Johnson built the dynasty team in the 90s, then we suffered mediocrity for years after he left and Jerry took the helm. That lasted until he brought in Parcells, and things turned around instantly. Then when Bill left, Jerry took over again and here we are again. Almost every good player left on the team is because of Parcells. Jones has no idea how to run a team and his refusal to hire someone who does boggles my mind. It's just brutal.

I hear you on living in New England. Baseball will always be number one for me and the Cowboys have nothing on the Yankees. (By the way, I don't need to hear any of this frontrunner crap from anyone. I'm 23 years old, I was 7 years old the last time Dallas won a Superbowl and they've won one playoff game in the last 16 years, so shut it. The Dallas bandwagon collapsed a long time ago.) For that reason, I can't stand Boston/New England fans. And as a Dallas fan, I hate the Giants. The Jets were tolerable to me until recently, as their fans have arguably become more obnoxious than both NYG and NE.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Blah, Blah, Blah...Dallas...Blah, Blah, Blah....NYY....Blah, Blah, Blah

...bandwagon fan...

O:-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:16 pm

J35J wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:Blah, Blah, Blah...Dallas...Blah, Blah, Blah....NYY....Blah, Blah, Blah

...bandwagon fan...

O:-)

%-6 :~(
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 pm

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:25 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:As you may or may not know, I'm a pathetic Cowboys fan....

So now I had to choose between the two NFL teams I hated more than any, the Giants and the Pats. At the time the choice was easy. I rooted for the Giants like I had been a fan my entire life. And I was thrilled when they won.

You are no Cowboys fan sir. Rooting for a divisional rival to win the big show is absolute BLASPHEMY in my book. It shouldn't have mattered how much you hated the Patriots. You ALWAYS root against the contender from your own division. Plain and simple.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:34 am

Urban Cohorts wrote:

So now I had to choose between the two NFL teams I hated more than any, the Giants and the Pats. At the time the choice was easy. I rooted for the Giants like I had been a fan my entire life. And I was thrilled when they won.

You are no Cowboys fan sir. Rooting for a divisional rival to win the big show is absolute BLASPHEMY in my book. It shouldn't have mattered how much you hated the Patriots. You ALWAYS root against the contender from your own division. Plain and simple.

I find it hilarious when people try to tell you how to be a real fan.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:27 am

Urban Cohorts wrote:

You seriously, seriously underestimate both the obnoxiousness of Boston sports fans and my hatred of them.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk