Let's Go Giants - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Let's Go Giants

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Let's Go Giants

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:56 pm

Just wanted to start a thread to talk about our favorite underdog, the Cinderella team of the century. No Patriots fans allowed.

So will Manning show the poise and the immense talent that he possesses against the mighty Pats? I think the Giants pass D is the key here. They need to bump and grind Moss, Welker and Co., bruise them out and take away those annoying lateral passes. If they can contain the Pats while not giving up the deep passes, I think they have a good chance to win. They need take some chances early on offense and play great defense, keep the Pats offense on the sidelines. ;-D
Last edited by Yoda on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Let's go Giants!

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Post this on the Light Side. By "Let's go Giants", you mean something else on this side of the water.

Giants suck.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby Tavish » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:12 pm

It all sounded good until you said the Giants would have a good chance to win. If they can shut down Moss, take away the quick hitches to Welker, and keep the draw plays in check they have a good chance of not being blown out. I'm certainly pulling for them though. ;-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:18 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Post this on the Light Side. By "Let's go Giants", you mean something else on this side of the water.

Giants suck.

You're just jealous because LA has 0 football teams while NY has 2!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:20 pm

Tavish wrote:It all sounded good until you said the Giants would have a good chance to win. If they can shut down Moss, take away the quick hitches to Welker, and keep the draw plays in check they have a good chance of not being blown out. I'm certainly pulling for them though. ;-D

Moss is a little baby. Give him a few good cracks and he'll disappear for the game. :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:39 pm

The ke, numero uno, is getting pressure on Brady. He's one of the worst passers in the league under pressure (I wish I could find the article I was reading a few days ago that had the numbers); thing is, he has probably the best pass blocking line in the history of the damn game, so pressuring him is easier said than done. San Diego managed to do it in the first half, and you saw Brady look like a human being -- the 2nd half they decided to drop into coverage and got picked apart. Pressure Brady, every play.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Half Massed » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:47 pm

I'd love to see the Giants win, or at least make a close game of it. Is anything actually wrong with Brady's ankle, or was that a bunch of hot air? If there is, the Giants definitely need to take advantage of it and pressure him hard (which they should do regardless).
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:48 pm

Yoda wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Post this on the Light Side. By "Let's go Giants", you mean something else on this side of the water.

Giants suck.

You're just jealous because LA has 0 football teams while NY has 2!

Actually, NY has 1 and NJ has 2. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:50 pm

bigh0rt wrote:The ke, numero uno, is getting pressure on Brady. He's one of the worst passers in the league under pressure (I wish I could find the article I was reading a few days ago that had the numbers); thing is, he has probably the best pass blocking line in the history of the damn game, so pressuring him is easier said than done. San Diego managed to do it in the first half, and you saw Brady look like a human being -- the 2nd half they decided to drop into coverage and got picked apart. Pressure Brady, every play.

Well, you know the Giants will blitz every down. But he negates most pass rushes with those annoying little lateral/out pattern/dump passes that Welker or some one in the slot will grab and run in the open field.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:04 pm

Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The ke, numero uno, is getting pressure on Brady. He's one of the worst passers in the league under pressure (I wish I could find the article I was reading a few days ago that had the numbers); thing is, he has probably the best pass blocking line in the history of the damn game, so pressuring him is easier said than done. San Diego managed to do it in the first half, and you saw Brady look like a human being -- the 2nd half they decided to drop into coverage and got picked apart. Pressure Brady, every play.

Well, you know the Giants will blitz every down. But he negates most pass rushes with those annoying little lateral/out pattern/dump passes that Welker or some one in the slot will grab and run in the open field.

I don't think that the Giants can blitz on every down and survive. New England will change things up and negate that. If the Giants blitz every down, I can see Faulk winning the MVP. What they need to do, IMHO, is figure out how to put solid pressure on Brady without blitzing. If their front 4 can put consistent pressure on Brady, the Giants have a chance. It is also imperative that they bump Moss inside so he can take a beating.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to General Talk