Yahoo! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo!

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:29 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:how does the site work with an iphone? does stattracker work?


no stattracker doesnt. the iphone doesnt support the flash unless you jailbreak it, but you do get to see your stats live when looking at your team.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Yahoo!

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:01 pm

jfg wrote:I hope this behind the scenes stuff makes my work computer like Yahoo again with FF3. It's an old computer with only 512 MB of memory but all of the other problems I had with sites cleared up so I'm not ready to abandon FF3 yet. I think Yahoo fantasy sports is the only site that it still has issues with. when scrolling around the top and hovering over the menu.

If you want to PM me with some screenshots and/or specifics of the issues you're seeing with FF3, I can pass them on to the client guys.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo!

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:30 am

Does anyone know the download I'd need to use stattracker on a blackberry, or if it's even possible?

Like someone else said, the stats do update right away. You just can't see the matchup like in stattracker. Still, having mobile access during the day has saved my butt twice already in benching guys once I had stats locked. You aren't a true fantasy player until you're driving on the freeway updating your roster. :-b
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1057
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo!

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:33 am

tinfoilxtouch wrote:Does anyone know the download I'd need to use stattracker on a blackberry, or if it's even possible?

Like someone else said, the stats do update right away. You just can't see the matchup like in stattracker. Still, having mobile access during the day has saved my butt twice already in benching guys once I had stats locked. You aren't a true fantasy player until you're driving on the freeway updating your roster. :-b


its just a flash device, so if your blackberry supports flash, you should be ok.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Yahoo!

Postby socceryank » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:31 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
mrkrab2003 wrote:how does the site work with an iphone? does stattracker work?


no stattracker doesnt. the iphone doesnt support the flash unless you jailbreak it, but you do get to see your stats live when looking at your team.


I will be purchasing an iPhone in the next few months, and was curious how it would work with Yahoo's fantasy sites. Does anyone access the site on their iPhone, and can you make changes to your roster and perform all of the other functions as you would from a computer? I remember trying to do this with my BB Pearl a year or two ago, and it did not work out too well. I was hoping the iPhone would work better.
C M. Montero
1B AGonz
2B Uggla
3B Zimmermann
SS Jeter
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
BN Pena
DL Gardner
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt
socceryank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 452
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo!

Postby MotorCityKitties » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:07 pm

tinfoilxtouch wrote:Does anyone know the download I'd need to use stattracker on a blackberry, or if it's even possible?

Like someone else said, the stats do update right away. You just can't see the matchup like in stattracker. Still, having mobile access during the day has saved my butt twice already in benching guys once I had stats locked. You aren't a true fantasy player until you're driving on the freeway updating your roster. :-b


That's hilarious. I've done that before. I have a treo700wx. My phone doesn't handle the main Yahoo fantasy page well, it freezes my phone up sometimes, so I access my teams through my profile page. I also have the slingbox and MLB extra innings so I can watch every baseball game from anywhere on my phone. It makes trips to the mall with my wife much more tolerable. I've never tried to access stattracker from my phone.

One issue I have with Yahoo is that after you make roster changes it makes you log in sometimes. Then it sends you to your "My Yahoo" page and none of the changes are saved. Maybe this has been discussed before, but I find it really annoying.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1371
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo!

Postby altmizzle » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:51 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:
tinfoilxtouch wrote:Does anyone know the download I'd need to use stattracker on a blackberry, or if it's even possible?

Like someone else said, the stats do update right away. You just can't see the matchup like in stattracker. Still, having mobile access during the day has saved my butt twice already in benching guys once I had stats locked. You aren't a true fantasy player until you're driving on the freeway updating your roster. :-b


That's hilarious. I've done that before. I have a treo700wx. My phone doesn't handle the main Yahoo fantasy page well, it freezes my phone up sometimes, so I access my teams through my profile page. I also have the slingbox and MLB extra innings so I can watch every baseball game from anywhere on my phone. It makes trips to the mall with my wife much more tolerable. I've never tried to access stattracker from my phone.

One issue I have with Yahoo is that after you make roster changes it makes you log in sometimes. Then it sends you to your "My Yahoo" page and none of the changes are saved. Maybe this has been discussed before, but I find it really annoying.


x2. I don't have a problem relogging in, but it is annoying to make some changes, log in, then navigate all the way back to your team page to make the changes all over again. Since I leave myself logged into the site, the only way to get around it would be to log off then log back on. Otherwise, my favorite fantasy sports site. ;-D
altmizzle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 25
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo!

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:05 pm

socceryank wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
mrkrab2003 wrote:how does the site work with an iphone? does stattracker work?


no stattracker doesnt. the iphone doesnt support the flash unless you jailbreak it, but you do get to see your stats live when looking at your team.


I will be purchasing an iPhone in the next few months, and was curious how it would work with Yahoo's fantasy sites. Does anyone access the site on their iPhone, and can you make changes to your roster and perform all of the other functions as you would from a computer? I remember trying to do this with my BB Pearl a year or two ago, and it did not work out too well. I was hoping the iPhone would work better.


you can do everything you can on your pc, other than stattracker and the drop and drag roster movement. it has to be on classic for it to work.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Yahoo!

Postby socceryank » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks Snake; that is exactly what I needed to know (maybe I'll step up my iPhone purchase now in time for football season!).
C M. Montero
1B AGonz
2B Uggla
3B Zimmermann
SS Jeter
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
BN Pena
DL Gardner
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt
socceryank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 452
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo!

Postby Bwanna » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:31 am

A bit off-topic, but can someone please tell me why Elijah Dukes isn't on the DL yet in Yahoo? He was placed on the DL on July 5th:
MLB.com wrote:7/5/08
...
Washington Nationals
Assigned OF Elijah Dukes to the 15-day disabled list with a meniscus tear and partial patella tendon tear in his right knee.


...3 days later he's _still_ not on the DL in Yahoo? :-C :-?

I'm assuming it's still a problem with Yahoo's stat provider?
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 5656
(Past Year: 244)
Joined: 27 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact