Raw Stats Feed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Raw Stats Feed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Raw Stats Feed

Postby arneolson » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:04 pm

It appears that TQ Stats is no longer going to provide its raw stats feed service. I've used it for 8 years, and it was great: daily feed of both leagues, all the stats I wanted, for $125. CDM directed me to fantasysports.ca, which is offering a similar service but doesn't include all of the stats I want (no GIDP, SAC, SF, IBB, or HPB). Does anyone have any insight on TQ Stats decision, or know of any other raw stats services?
arneolson
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Raw Stats Feed

Postby JoeyRoland » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:11 am

So I'm not too sure about this, but in what you used to receive from your previous service, what did you do with the information? That is, was it fed into a database automatically or were you receiving files in CSV or XML format?

Also, for the place they referred you to, you might want to ask and see if they offer those stats. I can't image anyone servicing stats - especially for baseball - that wouldn't keep those stats readily available. Maybe they'd just have to do a customizable module, (as opposed to a filtered module based on your league's criteria).
Nick Markakis: Greek God of Hits
JoeyRoland
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Raw Stats Feed

Postby arneolson » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:38 pm

I was receiving the files in CSV format and feeding them into my database myself. But I'd love it if a service could dump them directly to my database at a reasonable cost.

The guy at the new site basically said the files are "as is", i.e., they are not willing to customize. And it gets worse: they don't have games played by position info, so we would have no way of tracking position eligibility. I'm due to check back with them, but barring a change in their position, I'm still searching for a service.
arneolson
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner