Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:42 am

SignGuy wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
JRAMI wrote:360 has Gears of War also. The XBox live service is best around, no one has anything remotely close. Graphically with bopth systems I see no difference so it just comes down to games which I give that edge to 360. Well that and 360 has Halo, Halo is just hands down the funnest game to play right now

but ps3's is free, so that has to mean something.

But the interface is not as good as LIVE. As of today, its 360 all the way, hands down. The most important thing of any ystem is the games, and 360's library sh*ts on Ps3. Sony's big advantage in the past was their exclusive games such as GTA, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil etc but these are all on 360 now and while SOny still has FInal Fantasy and Metal Gear 360 has Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden and more.

360 also has the achievement system which gives it a big advantage over multi-console games.

Along with paying for live, you have to play $100 for the wifi adapter. Right now 360 is ahead of PS3 still, but PS3 is starting to make a comeback.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:05 pm

SignGuy wrote:But the interface is not as good as LIVE.

Personally, I think it's just fine. You can spend that extra cash on it but I won't.

SignGuy wrote:As of today, its 360 all the way, hands down. The most important thing of any ystem is the games, and 360's library EDIT on Ps3. Sony's big advantage in the past was their exclusive games such as GTA, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil etc but these are all on 360 now and while SOny still has FInal Fantasy and Metal Gear 360 has Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden and more.

I assume this is coming from a purely 360 owner and not an objective source. Regardless, Sony also has additional exclusives: Ratchet, Tekken, Socom, Resistance, Grand Turismo, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts. It's not like they don't have any exclusives. Plus, as you said, many of the great games are multi-platform. I rather have the all-in-all cheaper system that is more powerful and comes with a Blu-ray.

SignGuy wrote:360 also has the achievement system which gives it a big advantage over multi-console games.

If you spend most of your life playing videogames, then this matters. :-b
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby SignGuy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:37 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
Along with paying for live, you have to play $100 for the wifi adapter. Right now 360 is ahead of PS3 still, but PS3 is starting to make a comeback.

Wi-fi was never an issue for me. I run a cable from my router to the 360 so i never needed one.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SignGuy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:I assume this is coming from a purely 360 owner and not an objective source.

Actually i have a ps3, so keep assuming. You are the one who is coming off like the sony fanboy who simply disregarded all the benefits of 360 as meaningless such as a better online interface and the acheivments system for multi platform games while not giving objective opinions. Just because i prefer the 360 im not being objective?

Fade2White12 wrote:Regardless, Sony also has additional exclusives: Ratchet, Tekken, Socom, Resistance, Grand Turismo, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts. It's not like they don't have any exclusives. Plus, as you said, many of the great games are multi-platform. I rather have the all-in-all cheaper system that is more powerful and comes with a Blu-ray.
[/quote]

God of War is the only exclusive title on that list that makes a must own on the Ps3. All those other franchises have heavy competition with excellent games such as Forza Motorsport (GT), Mass Effect (Kingdom Hearts), Gears of War (Resistance). WHle those PS3 games are good, they arent must owns like the ones listed for 360 IMO. And as far as i know, Shadow of the Colossus is not making an appearance on a next gen console anytime in the near future. i think that is put to rest.

It may be more "powerful" spec wise, but its all up to the game developers to be able to utilize that power which has been reportedly significantly harder to do on the ps3 than the 360.

Ps3 certainly has it advantages spec-wise, blu ray wise etc, and Sony has been a monster in the industry, but if you were choosing to buy a console today for the games (the reason people buy them) than the console with the more impressive library to date in the 360 and its not close. i have both systems and my ps3 collects dust
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:55 am

Sorry if I sounded like a jerk. But I just notice whenever I've talked to somebody that says 360 hands down, and then question it, they always say, "Well, I, uh... have both... yeah, that's it." But why buy both and spend that money when you view one as so superior? But hey, if your PS3 is just collecting dust, ship it to me. B-)
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Boyakasha » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:18 am

Yeah, I also own both systems and would have to say 360 is clearly ahead right now. But, the battle's far from over, so we'll see who ends out on top. In my opinion, there likely won't be a clear winner, but I guess we'll see in a couple years.

As for why buy both, I guess I really didn't; my brother bought a 360, I bought a PS3; then he moved in with his fiance and left behind his 360, which I have never reminded him of.
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:39 am

I don't think there can be any real debate over which system has been more successful to this point, the 360 is obviously ahead. Good exclusives and expensive opening price of PS3 set this up, along with Live being better (although more expensive) than PS3's online right now. In the last 6 mos PS3 has been starting to catch up, and Home will be coming out in the next couple months. I think from this point forward they will be pretty equal.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:12 am

who buys a system for today? i want to buy a system that is still going to be valuable to me in 5 years, and more powerful down the road. i just dont get how anyone could say 360 hands down given that ps3 is more powerful and has a very expensive component included (the blu-ray) and doesnt have a $50 membership per year (not to mention isnt flawed to the point, where you may have to ship your system away).

ps i dont own either.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Boyakasha » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:55 am

Thing is, whoever's leading today has a big advantage on who's leading in the future. Take a look at PS1 and Nintendo 64. N64 clearly had the better specs, but really couldn't wrestle away the stranglehold PS1 had put on the market. So much so, that Nintendo almost bought the farm, although Wii has been a nice rejuvenation for them.
Now, the situation is certainly different with 360 and PS3, but who's leading today definitely does have an impact, is all I'm saying.
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Boyakasha wrote:Thing is, whoever's leading today has a big advantage on who's leading in the future. Take a look at PS1 and Nintendo 64. N64 clearly had the better specs, but really couldn't wrestle away the stranglehold PS1 had put on the market. So much so, that Nintendo almost bought the farm, although Wii has been a nice rejuvenation for them.
Now, the situation is certainly different with 360 and PS3, but who's leading today definitely does have an impact, is all I'm saying.

Consumers must not necessarily believe that the 360 is leading. Last month, PS3 sales surpassed 360 in the US by 40,000 units.

Click Me ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games