Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:02 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I finally bought the PS3 last night, it's sweet. I was low on cash so I didn't buy any games, but I rented MLB07: The Show to keep me busy for a week.


Awesome. I'm getting mine on Monday ;-D

Have you made any decisions on what game(s) you're going to get?
Image
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3852
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:I finally bought the PS3 last night, it's sweet. I was low on cash so I didn't buy any games, but I rented MLB07: The Show to keep me busy for a week.


Awesome. I'm getting mine on Monday ;-D

Have you made any decisions on what game(s) you're going to get?


I'm definitely going to buy one of the baseball games once they get reviewed, I've been downloading a lot of demos to try those out. Devil May Cry 4 is downloading right now, I've never played any of those games but it got a good review.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Let me know how DMC4 is - That's another one I'm looking at, as well as the Orange Box the Half-Life games.
Image
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3852
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 7 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Michigan

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:37 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:Let me know how DMC4 is - That's another one I'm looking at, as well as the Orange Box the Half-Life games.


It was a pretty fun melee fighting kind of game with good graphics.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:48 pm

If your big on movies, I say you have to go PS3. But if you just want to game, I'd say 360. Halo, Call of Duty, GTA4 all on one console is pretty insane. Although, if Metal Gear Solid 4 ends up being as good as it looks, it could be better than any of those games.
Image

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1483
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 14th and Ohio

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:41 pm

tuff_gong wrote:If your big on movies, I say you have to go PS3. But if you just want to game, I'd say 360. Halo, Call of Duty, GTA4 all on one console is pretty insane. Although, if Metal Gear Solid 4 ends up being as good as it looks, it could be better than any of those games.


Call of Duty and GTA4 are both on PS3 too. MGS4 should be good too.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby tuff_gong » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:59 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
tuff_gong wrote:If your big on movies, I say you have to go PS3. But if you just want to game, I'd say 360. Halo, Call of Duty, GTA4 all on one console is pretty insane. Although, if Metal Gear Solid 4 ends up being as good as it looks, it could be better than any of those games.


Call of Duty and GTA4 are both on PS3 too. MGS4 should be good too.



Oh I know, I was just trying to illustrate how having all 3 of those games on one console is really, really nice. If I had to do it over again though, I would probably get a PS3. Especially now that Blu-Ray will probably be the new format.
Image

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1483
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 14th and Ohio

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby JRAMI » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:15 pm

360 has Gears of War also. The XBox live service is best around, no one has anything remotely close. Graphically with bopth systems I see no difference so it just comes down to games which I give that edge to 360. Well that and 360 has Halo, Halo is just hands down the funnest game to play right now
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 752
Joined: 2 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Convince Me - PS3 vs XBox 360

Postby SignGuy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:26 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
JRAMI wrote:360 has Gears of War also. The XBox live service is best around, no one has anything remotely close. Graphically with bopth systems I see no difference so it just comes down to games which I give that edge to 360. Well that and 360 has Halo, Halo is just hands down the funnest game to play right now


but ps3's is free, so that has to mean something.


But the interface is not as good as LIVE. As of today, its 360 all the way, hands down. The most important thing of any ystem is the games, and 360's library EDIT on Ps3. Sony's big advantage in the past was their exclusive games such as GTA, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil etc but these are all on 360 now and while SOny still has FInal Fantasy and Metal Gear 360 has Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden and more.

360 also has the achievement system which gives it a big advantage over multi-console games.
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 609
Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 3:23 hours
(and 96 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact