Value of the Young Rangers now? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Value of the Young Rangers now?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Value of the Young Rangers now?

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:26 am

With the departure of A-rod and Palmerio, whats the Value of Blaylock, Texieria and now Soriano? There is no one protecting them anymore and they wont get the same pitches...anyone care to guess what round each would go in.

Soriano? still 1st. he wont be a 2nd after this year
Blaylock? 4th-6th?
Texieria? 6th-8th?

thanks

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby djacks » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:00 am

I personally wouldn't rank any of them much different. Soriano will still be a stud and should see his HR's totals climb above 40...Blalock and Tex are still young studs who will continue to develop. I might drop Blalock and Tex a round at most. Soriano is still #3 overall on my board, regardless of position or league setup.
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:41 pm

Rumor here right now is that Soriano is going to lead off and play center field. That's just the leading rumor here in Texas, I have no official conformation of it so take it with a grain of salt.

With that said, there will be extra RBI opportunities for the young guns on the staff. I know that Fullmer isn't a big name, but being a power hitting left hander in the Ballpark In Arlington is not a bad thing at all. I expect Palmeiro like numbers from him this season. Say something around .270-35-100. That's some protection, granted not Arod, but still some protection.

Here's my projected lineup and again take it with a grain of salt since I've got nothing official on it yet:

1. CF--Soriano
2. 2B--Mike Young
3. 3B--Blalock
4. 1B--Teixeira
5. DH--Fullmer
6. RF--Brian Jordan
7. LF--Mench
8. C---Einar Diaz
9. SS--Eric Young

Not murderer's row by any means, but I've seen a lot worse. If the Rangers will sign some solid pitching (probably won't be until next offseason) then they could do very well.

There's always the possibility of a trade for some pitching. Nix and Nivar are a couple of guys that could get some attention from other teams.

Sorry for the rambling, I still rank the guys the same as I did before for fantasy though. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mocabeenow » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:55 pm

I've read Mike Young at SS, who needs EY?

http://www.rototimes.com/index.php?spor ... t&name=TEX

and also i heard it also in an artcle on ESPN.

~Moc
mocabeenow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 191)

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:02 pm

mocabeenow wrote:I've read Mike Young at SS, who needs EY?

http://www.rototimes.com/index.php?spor ... t&name=TEX

and also i heard it also in an artcle on ESPN.

~Moc

This morning's Sportscenter is saying center field and leading off.

Like I said in my original post, no one knows for sure right now. It's all speculation at this point so take it with a grain of salt. ;-)

I'd rather see Mike Young go to SS and let Nix or Nivar play center. That's what I would do, but who knows what the Rangers will decide.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:03 pm

Tom Grieve was on ESPN radio today. He said it's not set in stone yet, but he foresees Soriano at 2b, and Young at ss.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby swingaway » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:38 pm

i even heard somewhere i think on my local news that sorniano might be place at ss or center,or 2nd base and bat leadoff or cleanup spot.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers