Who are you watching in College... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who are you watching in College...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Who are you watching in College...

Postby redstorm41 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:41 am

Another name that I have been hearing about is OF Roger Kieschnick of Texas Tech. Heading into 2008, Kieschnick was selected second-team All-America. Through his first 23 games of the season he had 11 HR, 34 RBI, .340 Avg., 1.276 OPS, 18/14 BB/K ratio through 94 at-bats. In his freshman year, he hit .359, 9 HR 55 RBI .967 OPS and was selected to Team USA. In his sophomore year, his HR spiked to 13 and earned another selection to Team USA. According to Baseball America, he's projected to go in the second round. Someone to keep an eye one.
redstorm41
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby San D » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:21 pm

AEMRICH wrote:Fantasy wise these guys have my attention

Pedro Alvarez
Justin Smoak
Brian Matsuz- i really like this guy think he will develop into something special
Jacob Thompson- another guy i like
Kyle Russel- was drafted but didn't sign
Jermile Weeks- Rickie's little brother who plays 2B for Miami
Aaron Crow

Buster Posey, C, Florida St also interests me fantasy wise. Some mocks I have seen put him in the top 10 and he had a great year batting. I've read he's a little raw behind the plate, since he's a converted shortstop, but he has the tools to stick.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Triplec223 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:27 pm

hybrid wrote:Nate Freiman, Richie Sexson part duex ;-D

I wouldn't mind the Rays snagging him in the 2nd round or beyond. Isn't a first round talent but has plenty of projection left in his tall frame.

That guy is a great hitter. He has decent power, but when he comes to the plate he is a base hit waiting to happen.

He's a junior this year, so I doubt he'll come out in the draft. He's a wiz in the classroom, so he'll probably wrap up his Duke degree before heading to the show. Still, good player to keep an eye on for next season.
Triplec223
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hybrid » Fri May 02, 2008 2:33 pm

Triplec223 wrote:
hybrid wrote:Nate Freiman, Richie Sexson part duex ;-D

I wouldn't mind the Rays snagging him in the 2nd round or beyond. Isn't a first round talent but has plenty of projection left in his tall frame.

That guy is a great hitter. He has decent power, but when he comes to the plate he is a base hit waiting to happen.

He's a junior this year, so I doubt he'll come out in the draft. He's a wiz in the classroom, so he'll probably wrap up his Duke degree before heading to the show. Still, good player to keep an eye on for next season.

If he gets drafted high enough I bet he will come out. Also you make it sound like junior's don't come out of college, when thats really where most all the talent leaves as. But the kid is plenty big enough to develope more power as he gets older with his projection.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby J35J » Fri May 23, 2008 12:33 pm

J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby yanks924 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Jemile Weeks. 2B out of Miami
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Postby urbanbreez » Thu May 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Uhm, I've been watching TONS of womens college softball lately. Is that what you meant? I heart 99% of the Arizona State Softball team. O:-) :-)
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CHCbaseball07 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:09 pm

Some unknown freeshman and sophmores who might make and impact are

Nick Wojonowski: 6' 2" 185 lb sophmore outfielder from Rider who has a .299 BA with a .361 SLG% and .384 OBP
Joe Vellegia: 6' 6" 240 lb sophmore catcher from Old Dominion who as a freshman had a .247 BA in 22 games with 2 homers and 7 doubles and 15 RBIs
Joe Yermal: 6' 6" 231 lb freshman pitcher from UNC Charlotte who was 6-0 with a 2.52 ERA witrh 50.0 innings pitched
CHCbaseball07
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball