STAY AWAY FROM ALL STAR STATS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

STAY AWAY FROM ALL STAR STATS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

STAY AWAY FROM ALL STAR STATS

Postby gringo2112 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:07 pm

At the conclusion of the season, I noticed the final standings and points on the front page of All Star Stats for my league did not match those of the pdf of the final stats. It had been 3 1/2 months since I initially complained and they did not fix it despite at least 15 e-mails to them. Some of the players are showing they have played in over 170 games and the stats of every player are incorrect in the report.

They told me today they cannot (or will not fix) the problem. One would expect after spending over $400 for stats, they would fix something seemingly so basic. I guess they feel that they have no obligation to servicing the customer once the season ends. I was basically sent the same BS line several time that their programmers will fix it. I was told twice it was fixed and it was not. Either they continually lied to me about sending this along to be fixed or their programmers are inept. STAY AWAY FROM ALL-STAR STATS!!!!!!

Here is my initial e-mail to them: Why are the points of the final stats on the website and the points on the PDF report through 10/1 different? Which stats are correct?

Here are all their responses to the over 15 e-mails I sent
October 14: Your question has been received. We strive to respond to all questions within 24 hours. However, certain inquiries requiring additional research may take longer.
October 17: I will send this to the programmers to look into.
October 25: I will send this to the programmers to fix.
November 5: I will resend this to the programmers. Sorry for the delay.
November 9: This has been fixed. It is showing 76 on both the PDF and league home for the *****.

Issue was not fixed. Stats and standings were still incorrect.

November 16: I have resent this to the programmers. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
December 3: I have resent this to the programmers. They are still looking into this. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
January 2: Sorry for the delay. I will resend this to the programmers to look into.
January 4: The programmers say it was fixed. The 76 on the home page is the same as the 74.5 +1 1/2 on the PDF. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Issue was not fixed. Stats and standings were still incorrect.

January 7: Sorry for the back and forth. I have sent that to the programmers to look into.
January 24: The programmers say they will not be able to correct the issue. They are unable to update the league at this time. I do apologize greatly and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
gringo2112
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: STAY AWAY FROM ALL STAR STATS

Postby Sticky Spice » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Thanks for the heads up - we considered them a few years ago when USA Stats sold out. I always got a bad feeling from them.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner