The show 08 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

The show 08

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The show 08

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:37 am

WaCougMBS wrote:I was a huge fan of the MVP games, and when those went away I was able to make it on the first "Show" (it was actually quite a good game), but since I picked up a 360 two years ago I would have to admit that I havent played a baseball game with any regularity due to the relative mediocrity of the Sega based games...

if you update the rosters like i do, its still the best ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:43 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:I was a huge fan of the MVP games, and when those went away I was able to make it on the first "Show" (it was actually quite a good game), but since I picked up a 360 two years ago I would have to admit that I havent played a baseball game with any regularity due to the relative mediocrity of the Sega based games...

if you update the rosters like i do, its still the best ;-D

That is a good point! If both games suck this year, I will have to break out the PS2 and do some updating :-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rockiesfan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:47 pm

Im assuming you guys manually update the rosters right?
Rockiesfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Have any of you played the demo for the show? It's pretty sweet looking and I'm just playing on an SDTV.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:46 am

Rockiesfan wrote:Im assuming you guys manually update the rosters right?

yes. after i found out they were cutting the mvp game, i decided to just keep the rosters as accurate as i can, so it doesnt become overwhelming. ive been slacking this off-season, so i have a lot of work ahead of me. there are some places you can buy memory cards with the rosters already pre-loaded.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zepfan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:41 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:Have any of you played the demo for the show? It's pretty sweet looking and I'm just playing on an SDTV.

I downloaded the demo on the PS3. It was the first time I've played any version of the show. I've got it on my HDTV so the graphics are definitely nice. I'm prolly gonna get the game when it comes out. I was pretty disapointed in the 2K game last year so I'm thinking I'm gonna jump ship to the show for this year.

I think I like the pitcher/batter interface better in 2K but the fielding is what should make the show better overall. Also, I like the idea of the replay vault. I think we're gonna be able to save any and all replays and watch them any time. Honestly, I love games that allow you to save replays, I dunno why more games don't have that option.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby diehardsoxfan1008 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:46 am

I am forced to get it for the psp but I am still definately looking forward to getting this game.
diehardsoxfan1008
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Video Games