Rotospin???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotospin????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rotospin????

Postby cinaljo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:41 pm

I guess this question fits in here.
Does anyone know what happeded to or where I can find Rotospin? The free draft software was great. Just plug in all the keepers and figure out what everyone who was left was worth. You could even adjust the predicted stats, etc.
Any ideas what happened or something comprable
cinaljo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rotospin????

Postby spamnon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:59 am

Not sure, but I would be interested in finding out also.
I love fantasy baseball but I love fantasy life more... http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chris8 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:29 pm

I seem to remember at some point last year that the guy who ran it posted a message in the Cafe. He said that he was having to give it up, and he was looking for someone to take it on. Don't know if anybody took him up on it, though.

I've done a search, and can't find the thread, but I'm sure I'm not imagining it!
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 135)

Postby mak1277 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:24 pm

chris8 wrote:I seem to remember at some point last year that the guy who ran it posted a message in the Cafe. He said that he was having to give it up, and he was looking for someone to take it on. Don't know if anybody took him up on it, though.

I've done a search, and can't find the thread, but I'm sure I'm not imagining it!

I remember that as well. I think there is/was a similar comment on the rotospin site also
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby rotospin » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:39 pm

mak1277 wrote:
chris8 wrote:I seem to remember at some point last year that the guy who ran it posted a message in the Cafe. He said that he was having to give it up, and he was looking for someone to take it on. Don't know if anybody took him up on it, though.

I remember that as well. I think there is/was a similar comment on the rotospin site also

RotoSpin is no more. My partner and I ran out of time and money.

We thought we had a great set of tools available online for free, but could never get any traction going with regard to traffic to the site.

I will be working on some new tools this year and may just revive the site in the future. If I do, this will be the first place I post...

John
rotospin
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CadensDad » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:26 pm

rotospin wrote:
mak1277 wrote:

RotoSpin is no more. My partner and I ran out of time and money.

We thought we had a great set of tools available online for free, but could never get any traction going with regard to traffic to the site.

I will be working on some new tools this year and may just revive the site in the future. If I do, this will be the first place I post...

John

If you get it going let us know, I'm sure we could help get some traffic going to the site.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:45 pm

yeah, if you could have that up and running by march 2 that'd be greaaaat, thaaaanks ;-D

i guess i could ask this here then...anybody know how to do this manually.....count for keepers and find draft day inflation prices

im in a 20 team salary/contract league and its all over the place w players kept and how much money everyone has
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cinaljo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks John,
I thought it was a great product. I'm sure with just a little advertisment you could easily get people to cough up a few bucks for it, especially considering what is out there that people pay for.
cinaljo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Hard to believe Rotospin has been gone for two seasons already. To be able to plug in keepers and their salaries then have it recalculate values was extremely valuable. It helped me get my head straight going into an auction.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 38)

Return to Baseball Leftovers