The Pride of the Yankees
3%
Angels in the Outfield
No votes
Major League
11%

Total votes : 72

Postby DK » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:20 pm

I believe it's Sony Productions who is doing a movie about Billy Beane based around "Moneyball". I can't wait for that to come out. ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LCBOY » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:21 pm

DK wrote:I believe it's Sony Productions who is doing a movie about Billy Beane based around "Moneyball". I can't wait for that to come out. ;D

Who will play Billy Beane? I nominate DK! :-B
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DK » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:00 am

LCBOY wrote:
DK wrote:I believe it's Sony Productions who is doing a movie about Billy Beane based around "Moneyball". I can't wait for that to come out. ;D

Only if you can be Paul. That way I can boss you around. Which is my ultimate goal. :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:38 am

I thought this was a joke at first until I went to check it out. Why is it I see straight to video written all over this? :-t

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby DK » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:00 pm

Tavish wrote:

I thought this was a joke at first until I went to check it out. Why is it I see straight to video written all over this? :-t

What's the :-t for? I'd go see it. I know a lot of people who would go see it. They might focus more on the emotional side (IE starting with his failed career going to successful GM/Businessman) to get more viewers.

It looks like a good movie. ;-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:13 pm

DK wrote:
Tavish wrote:

What's the :-t for? I'd go see it. I know a lot of people who would go see it. They might focus more on the emotional side (IE starting with his failed career going to successful GM/Businessman) to get more viewers.

The Billy Beane failure as a player would almot have to be the major focus of the movie. I'm not sure how well Paul staring at his computer and spouting out college player's ops would play on the big screen. If they tried to incorporate very much of the sabermetric side of the book (the parts that are really the most interesting) I don't think many would either "get it" or even care.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby LCBOY » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:31 pm

DK wrote:
LCBOY wrote:

Only if you can be Paul. That way I can boss you around. Which is my ultimate goal. :-D

Paul DePodesta, the Dodgers new GM? The movie can end with the Dodgers CRUSHING the A's in the World Series!!! How's that for an ending?
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DK » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:38 pm

LCBOY wrote:
DK wrote:
LCBOY wrote:

Paul DePodesta, the Dodgers new GM? The movie can end with the Dodgers CRUSHING the A's in the World Series!!! How's that for an ending?

No, rather, we can make you one of the GM's that was stupid enough not to use sabermetrics to win. You can be Kenny Williams! I can take Ray Durham for you for pennies. :-D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DK » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:39 pm

Tavish wrote:
DK wrote:
Tavish wrote:

The Billy Beane failure as a player would almot have to be the major focus of the movie. I'm not sure how well Paul staring at his computer and spouting out college player's ops would play on the big screen. If they tried to incorporate very much of the sabermetric side of the book (the parts that are really the most interesting) I don't think many would either "get it" or even care.

We'd still have more viewers than Gigli. :D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:53 pm

I think you could make a Bill James's Historical Abstract into a movie and get more viewers than Gigli. :-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball History