Minor League Draft Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Minor League Draft Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Minor League Draft Help

Postby Koby Schellenger » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 am

Inman has average stuff but good control and very good command. I don't think he'll ever be more than a #3, but I'm very confident he will become a #3. The only thing standing in his way is building some arm strength. I don't think he'll ever log 220 innings and pitch the next season, but I'd expect 165 out of him in 2008 and hopefully he can stay strong at 180-190 per season in the bigs. If he doesn't have to throw a lot of pitches, he'll be fine.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve-o » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:11 am

Koby Schellenger wrote:Inman has average stuff but good control and very good command. I don't think he'll ever be more than a #3, but I'm very confident he will become a #3. The only thing standing in his way is building some arm strength. I don't think he'll ever log 220 innings and pitch the next season, but I'd expect 165 out of him in 2008 and hopefully he can stay strong at 180-190 per season in the bigs. If he doesn't have to throw a lot of pitches, he'll be fine.

I admit I have never seen Inman pitch. But, based on what you say (and what I have read), he sounds like Yusmiero Petit to me. His minor league stats got worse as he advanced (like Inman), and then Petit got hit pretty hard in the majors. Petit was even younger in each league. I guess Petit could still develop into a decent 4 (he's young - only 24), but he is just as likely to fall off.

(I'm just trying to play devil's advocate a little bit here.)
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Koby Schellenger » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:45 pm

Steve-o wrote:
Koby Schellenger wrote:Inman has average stuff but good control and very good command. I don't think he'll ever be more than a #3, but I'm very confident he will become a #3. The only thing standing in his way is building some arm strength. I don't think he'll ever log 220 innings and pitch the next season, but I'd expect 165 out of him in 2008 and hopefully he can stay strong at 180-190 per season in the bigs. If he doesn't have to throw a lot of pitches, he'll be fine.

I admit I have never seen Inman pitch. But, based on what you say (and what I have read), he sounds like Yusmiero Petit to me. His minor league stats got worse as he advanced (like Inman), and then Petit got hit pretty hard in the majors. Petit was even younger in each league. I guess Petit could still develop into a decent 4 (he's young - only 24), but he is just as likely to fall off.

(I'm just trying to play devil's advocate a little bit here.)

I don't think Petit was necessarily younger. His Double-A season was at age 20, like Inman. Petit had a short stint of High-A at the tail end of his 19 year old season while Inman's was at the beginning of his age 20 season. Nonetheless, you're right. Inman got hit very hard as he moved up this year. I don't think there's any reason to expect that to change. He's a flyball pitcher afterall. That's why he doesn't project as more than a #3. Still, a number three who won't give freebies, and will strikeout a good number of batters is pretty valuable.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mikebal9 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:35 pm

Anyone new emerging this spring?
mikebal9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)