Could everyone please use the search function - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Could everyone please use the search function

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Could everyone please use the search function

Postby tlef316 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:28 am

as the season gets closer, the trafic on this site is going to increase dramatically. i've been noticing that people have been starting alot of new threads that we dont need because the topics are already being discussed. stuff like "when does yahoo open", "will bonds be in fantasy" and "where does A-rod rank now" are getting old very quickly.

i think everyone would appreciate it if people starting new topics just search for their topic real quick to see if it is already being discussed. i think this will make the forum much better and it will make it easier for people to get their questions answered. have a good night and please look before you post ;-D
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:33 am

I don't know how many A-Rod/Soriano threads I saw yesterday..........I was getting sick of it but there weren't many other threads being discussed due to the flood of threads about A-Rod.

So yes, check to see if a thread you're starting is already being discussed.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Could everyone please use the search function

Postby stabone76 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:35 am

tlef316 wrote:as the season gets closer, the trafic on this site is going to increase dramatically. i've been noticing that people have been starting alot of new threads that we dont need because the topics are already being discussed. stuff like "when does yahoo open", "will bonds be in fantasy" and "where does A-rod rank now" are getting old very quickly.

i think everyone would appreciate it if people starting new topics just search for their topic real quick to see if it is already being discussed. i think this will make the forum much better and it will make it easier for people to get their questions answered. have a good night and please look before you post ;-D
thanks for the advice
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Could everyone please use the search function

Postby ensanimal » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:36 am

tlef316 wrote:as the season gets closer, the trafic on this site is going to increase dramatically. i've been noticing that people have been starting alot of new threads that we dont need because the topics are already being discussed. stuff like "when does yahoo open", "will bonds be in fantasy" and "where does A-rod rank now" are getting old very quickly.

Amen to that ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 89)

Postby BKeller » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:55 am

Is there a way to search for keywords that appear *only* in the "Title" (or "Subject") line? I see that you can search for words in text and you can search for words in that appear in the text and/or title, but I don't see the option of searching just for words that appear in the Title. So if someone wants to find a Yahoo thread, they search for "Yahoo" and get tons of results; it would be easier to find what you wanted if you could just search for Yahoo in the title line. (And if you can already do this, sorry, but please tell me how!)

Just a thought, and I'll search before posting. ;-D
BKeller
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby KolbSaves » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:57 am

Hey, forget searching, just read the first two pages! Threads would be cut in half.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:36 am

lol, this topic is brought up every time something big comes up.

Steve Bartman
Bonds vs. Pujols
Arod to Boston
Arod to New York

they go away in a week ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:57 am

Arod to NY is arguably the biggest trade in baseball history -- it's expected.

Yahoo sucks....so, yes stop making posts about it! For all you know it'll be going to a PAY ONLY site!!!

The fact you have to CLICK on the search function makes it no less difficult than hitting PAGE '2' button to go to the next page however :-D

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby grammysboy » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:49 am

BKeller wrote:Is there a way to search for keywords that appear *only* in the "Title" (or "Subject") line? I see that you can search for words in text and you can search for words in that appear in the text and/or title, but I don't see the option of searching just for words that appear in the Title. So if someone wants to find a Yahoo thread, they search for "Yahoo" and get tons of results; it would be easier to find what you wanted if you could just search for Yahoo in the title line. (And if you can already do this, sorry, but please tell me how!)

I'm not sure this is what you are wanting, but at the bottom where it says "show results as," if you select posts, I think it will give your the information in the format you are seeking.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:18 pm

BKeller wrote:Is there a way to search for keywords that appear *only* in the "Title" (or "Subject") line? I see that you can search for words in text and you can search for words in that appear in the text and/or title, but I don't see the option of searching just for words that appear in the Title. So if someone wants to find a Yahoo thread, they search for "Yahoo" and get tons of results; it would be easier to find what you wanted if you could just search for Yahoo in the title line. (And if you can already do this, sorry, but please tell me how!)

When you use the search feature, leave the topics spot marked. You should get a list of threads that have your keyword in it. If your keyword is in the title of the thread, then click on it and see if that thread is what you are looking for.

For example: You want to know when Yahoo is going to open.

You search "Yahoo"

There will be a ton of threads, but let's just say there are three of them.

One topic title is: Where to play a league?
Another one is: Rankings?
The last one is: Yahoo registration?

Click the third one and that thread should be what you are looking for. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers