Pujols elbow injury..Hope it stays well! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pujols elbow injury..Hope it stays well!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pujols elbow injury..Hope it stays well!

Postby DC_Commish » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:56 am

The reports of Pujols' inability to straighten his right arm fully are disconcerting, to say the least.

In lieu of surgery, Pujols has also mentioned the possibility of simply scaling back his workload whenever the elbow acts up. It seems the January 10 signing of Josh Phelps was to prepare for precisely that scenario. As Sp_Da_Man said, Pujols' ADP could drop significantly, depending how the major sites report this.

I agree with others that a midseason shutdown depends almost entirely on the standings.
Fight racism in our schools. American Indians are people, not mascots.
DC_Commish Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcd285 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:14 pm

there is a good article on this scenario on ESPN website. karablog.
mcd285
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ken=God » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:43 am

mcd, i dont have insider, can you tell me what the article said?
Repent Sinners! It is time for all to bow and ask for forgiveness from our Father, Ken. He tested us all for the last few years, and most lost faith, but not I and it is now time you all ask the Great One for his Forgiveness.
Ken=God
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mcd285 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:35 pm

For the most part it quotes Albert saying that if his elbow feels the same way it did last year, he will probably shut it down. He has been bothered by the elbow in years past, but not to the degree it has hampered him recently. He was close to shutting it down last year, but at the time the Cards were still in the race and the surgery would keep him out the rest of 07 and most of 08.

Reading between the lines tells us, if the cards are out of the race, and he has nothing to play for, then he may opt for the surgery. And hope for a good 09.
Dr.'s said playing 1B is the only thing keeping him from having the surgery. Any other position would have needed the surgery already.

Basically, wait for more definative news around spring training before deciding what to do. he is still a first round pick, but comes w/ some major baggage.
mcd285
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Diggin4third » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:48 pm

Pujols has been awesome since his arrival to the Bigs. Too bad that something like this has potentially slowed him down. I hope he works through it and all is well before the season opens.
Diggin4third
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Goose » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:11 pm

Perhaps Albert went to the Mike Shanahan school of fantasy torture during the off season. I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole given the value he will still command, in light of other safer options. If more in my leagues think like me, some owner who takes a risk might just get paid off large if AP stays healthy. I choose not to be that owner though.
Goose
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates