New $40 CBS 10x10 Roto Keeper -more owners wanted - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

New $40 CBS 10x10 Roto Keeper -more owners wanted

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New $40 CBS 10x10 Roto Keeper -more owners wanted

Postby mmgoldman21 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:45 pm

I'm starting a roto league with many people I have run fantasy leagues with in the past. I have a solid core group of around 12, but I'm looking to recruit a few more to get around 15-20 teams. The league will cost $40 to enter. About $35 will be paid back in winnigs since I'm going to run the league in cbs. You will be allowed to have only 2 keepers for up to 3 years. The only players you can keep must be drafted in round 6 or later (round 5 after first year). This will keep all the best players of the league available every year and always a good redraft.

Around the top third of teams will all win back some money. About 20-25% of the winnings will be paid in weekly winners, with much higher weekly winnings at the end of the season during "playoff weeks" (August/early Sept.). Hopefully weekly winners will keep everybody in the league competitive to the end. In addition, the following years draft order will be based on the final standings, with the teams higher in the standings that did not win will get the higher draft pick. This will give at least some incentive to do well at the end of the season for teams who will not win.

There will be 10 hitting categories (R, RBI, HR, SB, BA, OBP, SLG, OPS, Ab/K, R+RBI) and 10 pitching categories (ERA, WHIP, K, S, W, CG, SO, K/BB, BAA, S+H)
These categories may still change slightly. Any thoughts on categories can be debated prior to the draft.

Feel free to forward this e-mail to anybody you think might want to play. There will be a online draft sometime in mid-late March. Please e-mail me if you want more details about the league, or if you want to play.

Mark
mmgoldman21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New $40 CBS 10x10 Roto Keeper -more owners wanted

Postby flanker44 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:18 pm

I am interested. Is there more information ?

bonner.dick@gmail.com
flanker44
T-Ball Trainer

Postby UNC_terps » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:29 pm

I would be totally interested in this league If it was 5x5, 6x6, or 7x7; don't know if there is any chance of you changing your stat cats...
UNC_terps
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mmgoldman21 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:12 pm

The league is going to stay 10x10. If you have suggestions on categories you don't like, we could discuss it. I had thoughts of even going to 12x12, with weighting BA, ERA. If you are looking for less categories, this isn't the league for you. I am in those leagues as well, and I am looking for something a little different here with more than just the traditional 5x5 stats to focus on. I know some of the categories will be tough to judge exactly which players will do well, which can bring even more unpredictability and fun to the league. It will also require a truely balanced hitting and pitching team to win.

Anyone else interested in joining? I think I'm up to 15 teams now and looking to get to 20.
mmgoldman21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mmgoldman21 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:35 am

I'm opening up the league website now. Anyone else want to play?

I still could use a few more teams to get up to 20 teams but will still have the league with a few less. Right now there are 16 teams.
mmgoldman21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby flanker44 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Great Mark, I'll be on the watch for the site. I love this stuff !!!! ha ;-D

flanker44
flanker44
T-Ball Trainer