PROSPECT ALERT: TRAVIS SNIDER - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

PROSPECT ALERT: TRAVIS SNIDER

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PROSPECT ALERT: TRAVIS SNIDER

Postby DRAFTAHOLIC » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:29 pm

Travis SnIder is in my opinion a top ten prospect that would probably earn the respect equaled to Cameron Maybin and Evan Longoria. Here is the reason for my optimism. Travis is a pure hitter, a lefty and is only 19. Travis is also a patient hitter which suggests that when he comes up to the Majors, he will not swing and miss as often as Alex Gordon did in his first season. It is rare for a young talent like Snyder to own plate discipline at such a young age and yet still have the abiliy to keep a .300 average in check.

Snider has the talent to hit for power to all parts of the field and the only real downside to his talent is that he is not a solid runner, meaning that he cannot give you 25 Home Runs and 25 Stolen Bases. However, for a power player you can't go wrong with Travis Snider. His position is in the outfield and that is where I hope he stays.

In 2006 there were a number of scouts that considered Travis Snider to be the best hitter in the entire 2006 draft. If he stays with Toronto he could be called up to see action late 2009. In the Midwest League he came in second in the batting race at .313 and ended up with 16 home runs, 8 of them in the final month. He is already being projected as a player who will own the best hitter for average and best power hitter rankings on what should be a solid lineup for Toronto in the years to come.

More Prospect Alerts to come

Draftaholic
Last edited by DRAFTAHOLIC on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DRAFTAHOLIC
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: PROSPECT ALERT: TRAVIS SNYDER

Postby High Heater » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:08 pm

good info...

wrong forum...
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:21 pm

I can't wait till he starts playing for us. ;-D

I wonder what will happen when we have Wells/Rios/Snider/Lind on our roster. Maybe we can see a position switch somewhere. :-? Weir?
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:39 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:I can't wait till he starts playing for us. ;-D

I wonder what will happen when we have Wells/Rios/Snider/Lind on our roster. Maybe we can see a position switch somewhere. :-? Weir?

Well they did try to move Rios for Lincecum. Wells is locked into a long contract, I would guess they will have to move one of the younger three. Rios is probably most tradeable in my estimation since he has the least years of control left.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:43 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:

Well they did try to move Rios for Lincecum. Wells is locked into a long contract, I would guess they will have to move one of the younger three. Rios is probably most tradeable in my estimation since he has the least years of control left.

Yeah, but we still have him for another three years and supposedly (I think I read) that we're trying to workout a long term deal. I wonder if any of the guys would be able to move to the infield or something.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby DRAFTAHOLIC » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:02 pm

Here is a projected lineup for 2011.

Catcher: J.P. Arencibia
1B-Adam Lind
2B-Aaron Hill
3B-Kevin Ahrens
SS-Justin Jackson
LF-John Tolisano
CF-Vernon Wells
RF-Alex Rios
DH-Travis Snyder (is it me or does everyone named Travis go to the DH?)
Roy Halladay, A.J. Burnett, Dustin McGowan, Brett Cecil, Shawn Marcum and closer Jeremy Accardo.

BA
DRAFTAHOLIC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:22 pm

DRAFTAHOLIC wrote:Here is a projected lineup for 2011.

Catcher: J.P. Arencibia
1B-Adam Lind
2B-Aaron Hill
3B-Kevin Ahrens
SS-Justin Jackson
LF-John Tolisano
CF-Vernon Wells
RF-Alex Rios
DH-Travis Snyder (is it me or does everyone named Travis go to the DH?)
Roy Halladay, A.J. Burnett, Dustin McGowan, Brett Cecil, Shawn Marcum and closer Jeremy Accardo.

BA

I don't recall Travis Fryman DHing. I think he stuck at 3rd for his career. :-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

Postby DRAFTAHOLIC » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:46 am

It's a future projection. The DH spot is possible with the outfield talent the Jays will have by 2011. His defense is average and usually the guy who has the power with less strength in defense, finds his way into the DH role sometime in his career.

Draftaholic
DRAFTAHOLIC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:21 am

Snider doesn't have that much mobility in the OF, so his eventual position in the league could be at 1B/DH. For now, he'll remain playing OF because from what I hear he does a decent job at it (and because it leaves open options). There's always the possibility of a trade, but with Vernon locked up long-term, and Rios soon too, that's a bit more unlikely.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:21 am

Snider doesn't have that much mobility in the OF, so his eventual position in the league could be at 1B/DH. For now, he'll remain playing OF because from what I hear he does a decent job at it (and because it leaves open options). There's always the possibility of a trade, but with Vernon locked up long-term, and Rios soon too, that's a bit more unlikely.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball