Created Resource List with Known Fantasy Magazines - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Created Resource List with Known Fantasy Magazines

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Created Resource List with Known Fantasy Magazines

Postby bloul11 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:17 pm

bloul11 wrote:so in years past i have used rototimes guide to winning fantasy baseball is that now fanball guide to winning fantasy baseball? Because on rototimes.com thats the only thing i see.

To answer this question i went to the source and contacted the customer support at rototimes. this was their response FYI.
The Fanball magazine is the Roto Times magazine. We will only be producing one magazine.

Thank you,

Customer Support
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canedog » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:20 pm

Does anyone know when the CBS sportsline Fantasy Baseball Magazine comes out? It is my favorite one...

Thanks in advance.
Canedog
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jcook3127 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:13 pm

Don't know how much this will help...but if you try to order a copy of CBS Sportsline's online it says it will be available to ship from warehouses in 5-6 weeks...don't hold your breath

I haven't gone too in depth with my Sporting News this year..but I'm kind of disappointed..it doesnt' appear to be as good of a product as in years past...and the projections on some of these guys appear to be VERY CONSERVATIVE (for example, Braun only matching his 97 RBI, Brandon Phillips only 21 steals, even though he's exeeded that in each of the past two seasons...etc. etc.)

I'm also pretty impressed with Lindy's..though it bugs me that the projections are in A-Z order
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?
jcook3127
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby converge241 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Thats why its usually the best

its almost always the last to come out (sometimes a "Just Cheat Sheets" mag comes out after it)
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby eftda » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:11 pm

I got the rotowire over the weekend. I want the sporting news. Grr.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby converge241 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Sporting News may be available now
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bloul11 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:10 pm

converge241 wrote:Sporting News may be available now

It is out for sure i bought it today.
I also have the "fanball guide to winning fantasy baseball" huge disappointment! It was supposed to be in the fashion of the rototimes guide to winning fantasy baseball but its not even close. Rototimes had a lot more small details and went much deeper into each position. For exaple the last 3 first basemen are Ryan Shealy, Wes Helms and Kendry Morales, i was hopeing for it to go deeper like it has in years past. The sleepers section is fairly weak also, just the obvious guys like Alex gordon and carlos marmol.
On a positive note i really like the sporting news so far. It has the little "z" for sleepers next to players profiles and the "+" for injury risks. They have lots of extra little hunks of information scattered through out.
Sporting news is better buy in my opinion
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:56 am

sblinyy wrote:I looked at a few magazines, and I really liked "the sporting news". It was an interesting read. The combined rankings kind of blow, but the position rankings and the mock draft was really good.

Most of the combined rankings continue to blow, because almost all of these mags just organize the guys based on their crazy formula results for AL/NL only leagues and then put them in order with some sort of tie-break consideration.

I think that if you take them for what they are worth and knock guys like Ichiro out of the top 5 OFers, that there are definitely uses for the print mags. I just like the mocks and articles, in conjunction with the prospect reports nowadays personally. You could do worse as far as a beginner, but the $$$ values are so messed up comparatively...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby converge241 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:29 am

CBS Sportsline's mag might be out

on their site says In Stock ships in 2-3 days

can anyone confirm its on a newstand?
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasyfiend » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:56 am

I think the entire list is on the link given in this thread. I covered most everything that is out and available that has been spotted on newstands.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers