sleepers... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

sleepers...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: sleepers...

Postby Field » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:14 pm

I like all of Yoda's choices a good deal. Not deep sleepers by any means, but you definitely want to have a good number of those guys find their way on your team if possible.

I agree with the Dice-K mention as well as Hermedia.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

As my original post explained, I am expecting the guys on my list to greatly outperform their draft position.

Taking Kazmir for instance, he is being drafted 67th overall according to Mock Draft Central. I am projecting him to finish top 25. That would qualify him as a sleeper although a pretty obvious one to some people who are paying attention.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:22 pm

talldarkandnerdy wrote:I like Jason Bay and Jeremy Hermida going into this year. As others have said, its still early and thus hard to tell exactly where they will go, but I think they both will go later than they should.

They are excellent choices as well. Health is key though.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:34 am

No Chad Billingsley? I know he's going to be one of my favorite mid-draft targets and worth a mention if you mention McGowan's name.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Dan Charette » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:53 am

I agree with Billingsley being on this list as well as all the other players who have been mentioned.
I'd like to a few names to the list. Rickie Weeks and James Loney. I think they're going to have some good value from where you can draft them. Weeks really looked good when the Brewers brought him back after his demotion to the minors. He's a possible 30-30 type player.
And Loney was real solid after the All Star break. I love his high average and his power potential. He's a big guy. I think his power will improve with age and experiance.
I'd also like to add Hank Blalock. His adp screams later round value. He is a strong comeback candidate. He's 27 years old. A great age for player breakouts. He'll hit in the middle of the order in a great hitter's park. And I read awhile ago that he's finally listening to his coaches. A sign of maturity. He has had a good year, so the talent is there. With where he can be had, there's a pretty high potential reward with not too much risk.
Dan Charette
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wkelly91 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:14 am

Mark Reynolds 0.290 90 25 90 0 ADP 205.6(Hit .283 with 11 Hr's after the break.)
Scott Rolen .285 90 20 90 5 ADP 204.0
Kelly Johnson .290 100 20 80 10 ADP 166.2
James Loney .310 85 25 100 0 ADP 129.5 (.316 with 12 Hr's after break, 1st is arguably very shallow this year.)
Raul Ibanez .290 90 25 110 2 ADP 138.6 (Consistantly produces, yet gets overlooked for the sexy picks)
Adam Wainwright 15-w, 155-k, 3.00, 1.250 (After break, 7-5, 2.93, 77-K in 99 inngs.) ADP 170.60
Micah Owings 10-w, 120-k, 3.75, 1.250 (After break, 3-4, 3.72, 53-k in 72 inngs, 1.06 whip) ADP N/A
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:26 am

I don't think there is much doubt Kemp has a starting job now. The battle in the OF appears to be between Pierre and Ethier for left field.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:49 am

Regular sleepers.....

James Shields, Mike Napoli, Joey Votto, Ian Snell, Jonny Gomes, J D Drew

Dirt cheap/cost you nothing /waiver sleepers that might be valuable later....

Ricky Nolasco, Chris Snelling, Jayson Werth, Steve Pearce, Jason Botts, Shin-Soo Choo, Andy Sonnanstine, Anthony Reyes, Dallas Braden.

;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby triple3play » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:16 pm

micha owings....he had a solid rookie year and with that kind of lineup he should be getting a ton of support. i followed alot of his games last year and ive never seen a bullpen blow so many wins for 1 pitcher.
triple3play
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:08 pm

Edwin Encarncion
JD Drew
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers