CBS Sportsline and Fantasy Auctioneer Partnering Together! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS Sportsline and Fantasy Auctioneer Partnering Together!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: CBS Sportsline and Fantasy Auctioneer Partnering Together!

Postby Grouperman941 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:23 pm

WIth the regular online draft, you can't enter the draft room until you set a draft date/time. Did you set a date?

I have already customized our draft, so I don't want to mess around with it, but I'd love to see the auction room.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sunspot » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:52 pm

Yea, I set the date and time, still no draft room available. I switched it back to regular draft to see what would happen and the draft room reappeared. I wonder if they are still loading things into the system. I am really curious to see how the auction will work and to try the mock draft options. There is a new post on the home page about new options, it says the commish needs to go to the setup page and schedule the draft. I did all the options on the setup page that have to do with the draft, but still no draft room. I may possibly need to show a little more patience.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Matthias » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:04 pm

I asked on their auction draft: How is this going to work on Sportsline this year? Will the draft be within Sportsline? Will it have the same engine as FantasyAuctioneer? Can it be tested pre-draft?

Sportsline said: Yes, you can test the draft by conducting a draft and than erasing the results and resetting the draft. But to answer your question, the draft will be conducted through our site.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wynams » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:24 pm

for 2008, the price of FA has jumped to $45 ... what alternatives are there (just seems ridiculous to pay $45 for 4 hours when our season runs 6 months and is managed free on yahoo)
wynams
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Matthias » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:43 pm

FA is the only service of its type out there as far as I know.

Other options are: a conference call, live auction, or a slow auction on a message board.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sunspot » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:16 am

The last response that I have heard from CBS about their new auction feature was that it will all be available on Feb. 11th. Well, I am writing this on Feb. 12th and they have yet to have this option available. Hopefully they will have it up and running soon so that we can all try it out and see if it is an option for our leagues. If anyone sees the mysterious auction feature before me, please post here, thanks.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Freebird27 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:06 pm

the two sites have indeed partnered up this season to run auctions for the CBS Commish Leagues.

FantasyAuctioneer has completely redone their auction software and have been working out the bugs over the past couple weeks so they can provide the best auction product to CBS and their consumers. You can go to FantasyAuctioneer.com and try out the new beta software. ;-D
Freebird27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wynams » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:53 pm

We've had two mocks go completely awry due to coding issues of Fantasy Auctioneer ... curious that they've also disabled their message boards ... I can't wait for more options to emerge ... someone who did this right could leave Fantasy Auctioneer in the dust.
wynams
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Curtis Pride » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:09 pm

we had our auction through Sportsline last week (a mock just to make sure it worked properly).

I actually like the interface on Sportsline much better than on Fantasyauctioneer. Sportsline's version is all drag and drop as opposed to fantasyauctioneer where you have to click into a bunch of different dialog boxes.

Everything went smoothly; worked find. Looking forward to it.

The only thing that you need to know is that if your league breaks down LF/CF/RF, that fantasyaucitoneer can't support that - it just shows all players as "OF". You either have to know who qualifies as a LF/CF/RF, or you should just make it OF, OF, OF instead.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Sunspot » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:42 pm

how did you do a mock auction through CBS? did you just hold a draft and then erase the outcome?
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner