On paper best lineup in history? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

On paper best lineup in history?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:05 pm

HOOTIE wrote:It's not the 27 NYY with Ruth and Gehrig. The 99 Indians were the only team to crack 1,000 runs in 50 years. They were the best lineup i have seen. NYY have a shot at them.

Those indians had arguably the best player at each position. What cost them is pitching. New York has enough pitching to win 11 games in the playoffs imho.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:18 pm

astimeexpires.com wrote:who's starting pitching staff is better than the yankees this year? i'd say that houston definately has them beat (4 number 1 or 2 pitchers) as does oakland (the big 3). i'd then give the edge to the bo sox because pedro, schilling, lowe sounds better to me than mussina, vazquez, brown. plus the cubbies with prior, wood, zambrano, clement isn't half bad either. then i'd throw in the yankees after that. thoughts?

that sounds pretty realistic. houston probably has them beat but i honestly see a drop in pettitte's performance now that he's in minute maid park and not a yankee anymore. clemens should be ok but hes getting older and i'd take a healthy brown over him anyday. oswalt is golden and miller is good too. slight advantage to houston. oakland's 3 are just unbelievable so they are better. cubs also probably get the slight nod. bosox might be better but vazquez might be as good as schilling this season and brown is a better pitcher than lowe when he's healthy.

it should be fun to watch though especially from my standpoint because i'm a yankee fan.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tlef316 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:It's not the 27 NYY with Ruth and Gehrig. The 99 Indians were the only team to crack 1,000 runs in 50 years. They were the best lineup i have seen. NYY have a shot at them.

Those indians had arguably the best player at each position. What cost them is pitching. New York has enough pitching to win 11 games in the playoffs imho.

those indians were a great team. they had sexson on the bench 8-o
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers