Anyone starting on CBS Sportsline? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Anyone starting on CBS Sportsline?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Anyone starting on CBS Sportsline?

Postby zug007 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:34 pm

anyone looking to renew a league in 2010 for only $89.99 email me at newmets@gmail.com, and we can work out a paypal payment and I will give you a method to renew for 89.99 for the upcoming 2010 season.

if you are starting a league from scratch just use the link below at no charge to you to set up your league FOR 89.99.

http://cbssports.com/ref/38637330

THANK YOU.
zug007
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BabySitler » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:39 am

$89.99 a league.

http://cbssports.com/ref/38694690

http://cbssports.com/ref/38694710

http://cbssports.com/ref/38694720

After you create the league, under the right hand side message center, click lock in savings now, this will show you the 89.99 price. when you go to submit payment it should tell you the price before you actually submit payment.
"The Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question: Did he have passion?"

2014 50% off CBS http://cbssports.com/ref/49902950
BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jsbest1977 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:23 am

I have never used cbs for any fantasy sports.

Is it really worth the $89.99?

We currently use the free espn and most league members are happy and content. It carries over your league year to year, keeps history, awards...
jsbest1977
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BabySitler » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:30 pm

jsbest1977 wrote:I have never used cbs for any fantasy sports.

We currently use the free espn and most league members are happy and content. It carries over your league year to year, keeps history, awards...

That's a very good question, but I have never used ESPN, so someone else will have to answer it. I like CBS enough to stick with it as a paid site, but someone else might answer differently.
"The Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question: Did he have passion?"

2014 50% off CBS http://cbssports.com/ref/49902950
BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigmck » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:08 pm

Anyone that used TQ Stats a couple years ago knows that paying a few bucks for a good site is well worth it.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby neoforce » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 am

It really depends what you are looking for. The two leagues I am in have keepers, minor leaguers, salary, auction value, FAAB for pickups and league history. cbs lets us do everything we want there. I commish one of the leagues, and couldn't imagine doing it anywhere else.

But if you have a simple redraft league and no unusual rules, then free sites might be fine.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby colt4523 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:33 pm

I have been using cbs for along time and just recently switched one of my leagues to ESPN. I was pretty pleased with ESPN. It is not as good as cbs but you save a lot of money that can directly go to the winners of the league. I tried to convince my other league to switch but they are all douche bags.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby Matthias » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 pm

Meh. I can't believe the number of people trying to keep all the bounty for themselves.

If somebody wants Sportsline for half price and another fifty bucks on top of it, PM me.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am

neoforce wrote:

It really depends what you are looking for. The two leagues I am in have keepers, minor leaguers, salary, auction value, FAAB for pickups and league history. cbs lets us do everything we want there. I commish one of the leagues, and couldn't imagine doing it anywhere else.

But if you have a simple redraft league and no unusual rules, then free sites might be fine.

This sounds pretty accurate to me. Sportsline is worth the extra $$ if you use the extra features. Sounds kinda obvious, I guess, but it's true. If it's a casual 5x5 or 6x6 league with standard FA system, not much in the way of keeper complications, and traditional scoring categories, I definitely would host it somewhere else to save the money. Because CBS is pricey and basically has trended the last few years to more expensive, not less.

But.... if you have custom stuff going on and you like the extra flexibility and you use the available stuff on the home page (posting league articles/videos/polls) then CBS might be right.

Oh, one thing that CBS definitely has over Yahoo although I'm not sure how it compares to the others like ESPN. The player universe for CBS is great. Basically any minor leaguer of any note is in their database. I'm not sure why other sites don't do that; it seems like a relatively low-cost thing to do, but they don't. So if you use CBS you'll read these threads of, "Person X just added to Yahoo!!!" and think to yourself, "Meh. He was drafted in my league a year and a half ago." So if you like deep prospect keepers and don't want to screw around with writing in player names, CBS has that going for it, too.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby neoforce » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Matthias wrote:Oh, one thing that CBS definitely has over Yahoo although I'm not sure how it compares to the others like ESPN. The player universe for CBS is great. Basically any minor leaguer of any note is in their database. I'm not sure why other sites don't do that; it seems like a relatively low-cost thing to do, but they don't. So if you use CBS you'll read these threads of, "Person X just added to Yahoo!!!" and think to yourself, "Meh. He was drafted in my league a year and a half ago." So if you like deep prospect keepers and don't want to screw around with writing in player names, CBS has that going for it, too.

CBS also lets you add players not in their database. So, in a deep league, in that case where someone in the minors isn't added via CBS, you can still add them to your league rosters.

We actually use that to track future draft picks. We add players with last name "DraftPick" and first name "FantasyTeamName" Then they appear on your roster and you can trade them like any other player.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner