Yahoo Plus League Question... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo Plus League Question...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Plus League Question...

Postby p32bars » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:26 pm

I started my first keeper league last year on Yahoo Plus and was happy with the results as were my leaguemates. I run a 10 team league, 25 man rosters, with each team allowed to keep 6 players and no more. Among those 6, you cannot keep more than 4 of any kind of player; i.e. 4 offensive players -2 pitchers, 4 pitchers - 2 offensive players, or 3 offensive players - 3 pitchers are the only legal combinations. Most teams are going the 3 and 3 route.

I know that Yahoo Plus allows the commish to plug in the keepers for their respective teams prior to the draft. I'm a little fuzzy to how exactly this goes down. Say my keepers don't allow for me to have a 1st,3rd,8th,9th,12th, and 16th round pick in 2008. Can I just plug those keepers into each one of those round slots pre-draft? I'm assuming that's how it works.

Anyone care to verify? Thanks!
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Yahoo Plus League Question...

Postby converge241 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:37 am

when you preload players it just fillins in the first few rounds.

It's possible Yahoo could change that for 2008 but will likely be the same.

you could always make notes during or after the draft about the true round values possibly?
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Plus League Question...

Postby p32bars » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:28 am

If that's true, I think I will just make every team draft their keeper players in the round that they were required to give up. That way it doesn't mess up the order if Yahoo in fact does just fill up the first few rounds full of your keepers. I hope they change it this year.
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Commissioner's Corner