In Need of Auction Prices For My League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

In Need of Auction Prices For My League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

In Need of Auction Prices For My League

Postby mannin52 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:12 pm

Have a real intense league, and it's about the 7th year in. I am looking for a site with some player Auction Values. I've used CBS and fantasybaseballguy.com so far
mannin52
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: In Need of Auction Prices For My League

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:42 am

Those are the only 2 sites that I have found that have much information on values (for free that is) this early in the season. The fantasy football guy site seems to be relatively reasonable, at least as a baseline for your value rankings ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:01 pm

If you subscribe to BP online (which, really, everyone should do, anyway) you can use their Player Forecaster Manager to generate auction values based upon your league settings. http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/pfm/

Not sure if it's been loaded with their forecasts for this year yet, though.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby converge241 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:34 pm

a nice additional tool to try is fantasyauctioneer.com

do a few mocks with your leagues setup and budget and I believe it lets you make reports of the results
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby Dobber » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:48 pm

I too recommend fantasyauctioneer, but one word of caution. I've never been able to get it to work in IE, and would have to install mozilla as well. There's things I don't like about mozilla to use all the time, so I have to keep both....some don't have enough HD or memory to have both installed.
Dobber
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dmendro » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:27 pm

I used fantistics.com last year. You have to pay for their software, but it allows you to put in your league settings, and then it generates auction values based on projections it updates daily before the start of the season. It also allows you to weight position players versus pitchers depending upon what you think your league values. You can also manually edit individual player values based on what you think owners will pay for them.

During your actual draft, it will automatically update values for players on the fly based on who has been taken and at what price, and depending upon what positions you still need to fill.

I thought it was fantastic for knowing who I could outbid on which players, and for predicting when a player was just trying to run up the price on someone (someone tried to run up Jeff Franceuor on me, and I was able to counter run it up to $31 and stick him with him last year!!) It also gives you realtime updates on how much cap each team has left, and I think it does a good job on player projections.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby schoenke » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:34 pm

Check out RotoWire. You can input your league parameters and get projected stats based on your league parameters. You can also download their draft software and input your draft and get recommendations on the fly. RotoWire's 2008 stuff is already live:

http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/draftprep.htm
http://www.rotowire.com
schoenke
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:56 pm

schoenke wrote:Check out RotoWire. You can input your league parameters and get projected stats based on your league parameters. You can also download their draft software and input your draft and get recommendations on the fly. RotoWire's 2008 stuff is already live:

http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/draftprep.htm

This is a very good site for sure. I just can't decide if I should shell out 40 bucks for all season long of information, or if I should just roll with 15 for the auction values, etc...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rusmo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:18 pm

I'll second RotoWire - if you subscribe you can get player updates sent to your email address. Indispensible if you've got a web-enabled phone. Get player updates and make roster changes while you're driving! ;-D
rusmo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Commissioner's Corner