Two Up, Two Down '08: Right Field - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Two Up, Two Down '08: Right Field

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Two Up, Two Down '08: Right Field

Postby WebHamster » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:39 pm

This thread contains comments on Jason Jarvis's Article "Two Up, Two Down '08: Right Field", which was posted in the Cafe's Articles section on January 15, 2008. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 455)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Two Up, Two Down '08: Right Field

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:57 pm

I'm down on Ankiel too but his power is for real. He had 43 HR between AAA and MLB last year. Plus he is most likely going to be hitting in front of Pujols. I wouldn't want him for RF but he might be an interesting late round pick for CF.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 389)

Postby J35J » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I'm down on Ankiel too but his power is for real. He had 43 HR between AAA and MLB last year. Plus he is most likely going to be hitting in front of Pujols. I wouldn't want him for RF but he might be an interesting late round pick for CF.

yeah, I don't really question his power but I'd be suprised if he can consistantly stick in the lineup. I see him struggling to hit big league pitching this year. I just have a hard time believing that he is all of a sudden a big league hitter now. Congrats to him if he is though!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby JTWood » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:11 pm

Down on Ankiel? Hater! :-b

I think Ankiel's production will come down to two things: Where he bats in relation to Albert, and if he can start taking walks.

I wouldn't bank on the latter, and the former is up to Tony's ever-changing daily mood. Good luck! :-o
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby jets2008 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:45 am

Please. Luke Scott up, Matt Kemp down. I would never be able to find anyone in a FBL who would trade Kemp for Scott. The Dodger platoon is in left field where a decision needs to be made about Eithier or Pierre. Kemp had RF sewn up, as he should.
jets2008
T-Ball Trainer

Postby J35J » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:07 am

jets2008 wrote:Please. Luke Scott up, Matt Kemp down. I would never be able to find anyone in a FBL who would trade Kemp for Scott. The Dodger platoon is in left field where a decision needs to be made about Eithier or Pierre. Kemp had RF sewn up, as he should.

:-?

I'm not sure anyone said to trade Kemp for Luke? Just that Luke will likely be available with your last pick of the draft(good value) while Kemp will be taken somewhere in the middle of the draft(risky value). Based on that, and in redraft leagues, Scott will probably bring better value to your team. Just trying to dig deep and see what I can come up with....add in the fact that I'm obviously not a "writer"....cut me some slack :*)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:13 am

jets2008 wrote:Please. Luke Scott up, Matt Kemp down. I would never be able to find anyone in a FBL who would trade Kemp for Scott. The Dodger platoon is in left field where a decision needs to be made about Eithier or Pierre. Kemp had RF sewn up, as he should.

All the article is saying is that Kemp is overrated and will go higher than he should. Makes sense because he's overrated. His stat line isn't all that great, and it is possible he can (and will) improve that stat line, but he still won't be worth the draft spot he's taken at. Scott on the other hand will fall lower than he should and produce more than what his draft position is worth. A last round flyer? Not a bad gamble at all. Seems you misread it too, it didn't say anywhere that Scott was better than Kemp, just for value at each draft spot (since Kemp will go much higher than Scott) this season, Scott is the better choice.

Oh, and there's no way the Dodgers bench or platoon a $9 million dollar a year speedster. Torre isn't crazy and this isn't the Yankees where sticking someone like that on the bench isn't a big deal. Rumor is they are shopping Pierre (which makes sense), but I can't see them benching Pierre for Either.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Walden warriors » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:44 pm

Where is the conversation on Corey Hart?

Provided Markakis isn't RF eligible next year, who are you going to put higher than him? Magglio, Vlad, maybe Rios? I'd take him over Berkman and Abreu easily.
Does your league need a quality, outside review of your league rulebook? Does your league not have a written rulebook? Contact me! I can help.
Walden warriors
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:08 pm

Walden warriors wrote:Where is the conversation on Corey Hart?

Provided Markakis isn't RF eligible next year, who are you going to put higher than him? Magglio, Vlad, maybe Rios? I'd take him over Berkman and Abreu easily.

I'm not completely sure I understand what you are asking and/or saying?

I have the players you mentioned above ranked accordingly for 2008...

Vlad
Berkman

Abreu
Markakis
Maggs
Rios
Hart
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Article Discussions