Burnitz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burnitz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Burnitz

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:26 pm

Hi all, just wanted to get everyone's opinion on Jeromy Burnitz this year. What round to pick him? How many HRs does he hit in Coors? etc. I get the feeling he is going to put up monster numbers this year.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tlef316 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:28 pm

his average is going to be very ugly, but his power numbers should be good in that ballpark and that lineup. he is a decent last ditch option as a 3rd or 4th OF and a respectable utility guy if you are hurting for power late in the draft.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ferris182 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:35 pm

If he keeps his spot in the lineup- he will hit 35-40 HRs. Draft him anytime after rd 13 or 14.
ferris182
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sappisgod » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:36 pm

He did good the 1st half of last year. I'd expect stats like those only a bit better. I'd say at least the 30 homers like he had last year. Dare I say 40? Nah, that's a bit too far. How about .270 with 35 homers, 90 RBI, and 80 runs. Thats what he was on pace for playing with the Mets last year. I'd say he does it in the hitter friendly Coors field.

EDIT: how about Vinny Castilla? Isn't he starting at 3rd for Colorado? He had 22 homers last year in Atlanta. Anyone think he might be good for some power at backup 3rd?
sappisgod
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jonnyblack » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:47 pm

Well, Burnitz has to make contact for the ball to go anywhere. That poopy average will make me stay away, Coors or no Coors.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby stabone76 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:50 pm

ferris182 wrote:If he keeps his spot in the lineup- he will hit 35-40 HRs. Draft him anytime after rd 13 or 14.
He wont hit 40. You will never find him on my team unless he fills in a day or so a week, no more. His average will cost you more than he will get offensively
stabone76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:59 am

tlef316 wrote:his average is going to be very ugly, but his power numbers should be good in that ballpark and that lineup. he is a decent last ditch option as a 3rd or 4th OF and a respectable utility guy if you are hurting for power late in the draft.

Agreed - particularly as a fourth outfielder, Burnitz could be worth a shot, especially if you have daily lineup changes and can use him in a home/road platoon.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:03 pm

Arlo wrote:
tlef316 wrote:his average is going to be very ugly, but his power numbers should be good in that ballpark and that lineup. he is a decent last ditch option as a 3rd or 4th OF and a respectable utility guy if you are hurting for power late in the draft.

Agreed - particularly as a fourth outfielder, Burnitz could be worth a shot, especially if you have daily lineup changes and can use him in a home/road platoon.

great idea Arlo ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:16 pm

eftda wrote:
Arlo wrote:

great idea Arlo ;-D

The Payton Plan. :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby L0rdB23 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:16 pm

Arlo wrote:
eftda wrote:
Arlo wrote:

great idea Arlo ;-D

The Payton Plan. :-D

thats exactly what my plan was.. i drafted burnitz in the 19th rd as my utility guy then i drafted luis matos in the 20th to platoon him with
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers