Dynasty draft help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Dynasty draft help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty draft help

Postby cards05 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:43 am

I'm getting pretty deep into a dynasty draft and need some help with my next pick. I'm considering drafting the following available players and would appreciate any advice you may have regarding who to go with. I will probably be considering these same names for my following pick as well, so any type of tier ranking would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brett Lillibridge, Ben Revere, Jordan Zimmerman, Eduardo Morlan, Felipe Paulino, Matt Gamel, Nate Schierholtz, Justin Maxwell, Tony Thomas, Jr., Brandon Hicks, Nick Weglarz, Andrew Lambo.
cards05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty draft help

Postby stealthdevil » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:08 am

Here's how I had these guys ranked in a list I made for a dynasty draft. The first number is where I ranked them and the second number is where they were drafted or not if 0.

122 Mat Gamel 137
140 Nick Weglarz 0
155 Brent Lillibridge 108
164 Justin Maxwell 169
191 Nate Schierholtz 118
202 Eduardo Morlan 178
208 Jordan Zimmerman 0
213 Felipe Paulino del Guidice 0
284 Andrew Lambo 195
314 Tony Thomas 0
456 Brandon Hicks 0
stealthdevil
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Koby Schellenger » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:31 pm

I really like Morlan as a prospect but as a fantasy player, he might be lacking because relievers are only really valuable as closers. If he's the closer in Tampa, which he very well could be, he's the top of this list. If not, this is my list:

Brent Lillibridge-Should be able to hit for a decent average...--.270 or so, with 30+ stolen bases and depending on the way the lineup shakes out, 90+ runs.
Mat Gamel-Gotta love the bat, gotta hate the glove. Even as a corner outfielder, his bat will be special. Also, ya gotta trust the Brewers ability to develop offensive players.
Nate Schierholtz-Gotta love what he's done statistically although I have doubts as to his ability to replicate those at the big league level. He has some flaws in his game but still a good reward for the risk.
Nick Weglarz-Underrated prospect by most. I rated him 7th in my Indians Top 10 listhttp://www.moundtalk.com/prospects/cleveland-indians-top-10-prospects-2008/ with this to say about him:
7. Nick Weglarz, LF, A. The 19-year-old outfielder hit .276/.395/.497 for an OPS of .892. That’s very good considering the only players under 20 to have an OPS in the Sally League of .892 or higher in the last 15 years are: Adrian Beltre, Ian Stewart, Lastings Milledge, Vlad Guererro, Chipper Jones, Delmon Young and Kelly Johnson. That’s good company to be associated with.

I feel like him being seventh is a tribute to state of the Indians system. I still have a couple questions I'd like to see answered about his game, but if it were a fantasy only list, he would probably be 4th, maybe 3rd.
Eduardo Morlan. See above.
Jordan Zimmerman-Personal favorite of mine who should be able to move quickly through the Nats system. I wrote a more complete scouting report on him including his repertoire on MoundTalk. Should be a lower risk to become a back of the rotation guy.
Felipe Paulino-Don't really feel confident in him developing. Lots of big time questions.
Ben Revere-Didn't like the pick at the time, still don't like it but he does have potential, he's just a bigger risk.
Not a big fan of the other guys. Take them in any order you'd like. Briefly though:
Thomas has no where to play. He isn't good enough at second and with his defensive skill set, he's not going to project well elsewhere. His bat isn't good enough to make up for it either.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cards05 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:13 am

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
cards05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Minor League & College Baseball