Anyone have a promo code for CBS? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Anyone have a promo code for CBS?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Anyone have a promo code for CBS?

Postby gehrig38 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:38 pm

I also was skeptical of zug007's offer, but I emailed him anyway. And yes, his solution does work. Many thanks!
gehrig38
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby courduroy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:15 pm

As an owner of multiple leagues on CBS, I always email/contact CBS and write a message like below asking for a discount. They typically oblige and give me a rate of $129 to renew. Although I am giving alot of thought to just telling them what I think I should pay and seeing how they react. Clearly if they are able to discount me to $129 then they are open to negotiation. They have to be feeling the pressure with EPSN and Yahoo being free.

Hello,

I have been a long time subscriber of your fantasy football service for my initial league since aprox 1999 and two subsequent leagues since 2003 and 2005, respectively. Three football leagues total, which doesn't include the 3 baseball leagues! Despite the occassional complication I have been happy with your service.

The last few seasons however, we have been contemplating moving to a new hosting service. The only thing holding us back form moving to another hosting site has been the league history functionality.

The recent raise in price has pushed me over the threshhold of the amount I would pay for the service provided by your company.

With the payment deadline looming coming on or by 11:59pm ET August 12, 2009, I am submitting this request to offer you a chance to retain us as a customer by offering a goodwill discount as a longtime subscriber of your service for both football and baseball leagues.

Please take the time to review this request and respond as your earliest convenience. We don't want to have to start over on another hosting service but we are finally willing to do so.

Thanks
courduroy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:19 pm

I just don't see how you can complain about the CBS price. If you can talk them down on $129 and you have 12 guys in your league, that is $10.75 a person for six months of fun. You can't do anything for ten bucks. No, I am not an employee of CBS, but ten bucks is cheap fun. You can't go to a movie and have a coke for that.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby cbssportsleagues » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Zug007 was very good to work with regarding his secret code for CBS discount.

Please consider him if you are looking to save money in your CBS league this season.
cbssportsleagues
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BabySitler » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:38 am

$89.99 a league.

http://cbssports.com/ref/38694690

http://cbssports.com/ref/38694710

http://cbssports.com/ref/38694720

After you create the league, under the right hand side message center, click lock in savings now, this will show you the 89.99 price. when you go to submit payment it should tell you the price before you actually submit payment.
"The Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question: Did he have passion?"

2014 50% off CBS http://cbssports.com/ref/49902950
BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby keller49 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Please share coupon info for baseball ... steve.keller79@gmail.com

kingmike74 wrote:Got it, thanks for the info.

And Babysitler gets the renowned ;-D also.
keller49
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BabySitler » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:55 am

keller49 wrote:Please share coupon info for baseball ... steve.keller79@gmail.com

kingmike74 wrote:Got it, thanks for the info.

And Babysitler gets the renowned ;-D also.

The information is in the post directly above yours, all you need to do is click on the links. But this is only for new leagues. Once you click on the link, create your league name, etc. and, I guess, click on "Lock in Savings Now." When you go to pay you will see the price of $89.99, which is half off the original $179.99 price.
"The Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question: Did he have passion?"

BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthias » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:22 am

As I said in the other thread, if someone wants to start a new league on CBS for $89.99 and I'll send you $50 as well, PM me.

Because what the deal really is that if you have an existing league on CBS and you get someone to renew, they get half price and you get $100 from CBS. I'm willing to split the $100 so we can both play for cheaper. Or do it through one of the other guys. I don't really care. I just think that you should be aware that there's money going to the person who gives you the code as well.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby keller49 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks ... If it's a 'renew' then we can do that with you.
If it's starting a 'new' league then we'll pass.
In either case, thanks for the advice!
keller49
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BabySitler » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Matthias wrote:As I said in the other thread, if someone wants to start a new league on CBS for $89.99 and I'll send you $50 as well, PM me.

Because what the deal really is that if you have an existing league on CBS and you get someone to renew, they get half price and you get $100 from CBS. I'm willing to split the $100 so we can both play for cheaper. Or do it through one of the other guys. I don't really care. I just think that you should be aware that there's money going to the person who gives you the code as well.

Actually, not to be the bad guy here, CBS no longer does that promotion, Matthias. What they do now is will e-mail you a $100 coupon code for use only on CBS Sportsline leagues next year, not $100 cash/check like they did for fantasy football. You may know this, but wanted to make sure.

So, the deal is, people creating a new league get $90 off the league and the person's link they are using gets a $100 coupon code for use on CBS fantasy leagues, not products, just leagues, in, I believe, 2011. I might be wrong about when it ends or is limited to, though.

BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner