We are starting a new Fantasy Baseball Keeper League on Yahoo. If anyone is interested please e-mail me at email@example.com. This league will be highly competitive, but will not be a money league. If you are extremely active, please join. We already have 8 owners, but we are looking for 2 more. The details are listed below.
- The Categories are: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP (10 categories). Head-to-Head.
- The positions include: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN (25 players)
- There will be a minor league roster made up of any 5 rookies or players that don't have more than 50 IP, 50 G, or 150 AB (could be college or high school players also). This rookie draft will immediately follow the actual draft. You can keep 2 rookies off your rookie roster, as long as they have less than 50 IP, 50 G, or 150 AB. The players on your rookie roster that are over these requirements can be "protected" for the first 5 rounds of the draft, as long as they are on your rookie roster. "Protected" means that you are the only team that can draft that player for the first 5 rounds, then they are fair game. For example, if you have Ryan Braun, you can protect him for the first 5 rounds, then you are the only team that can draft him in rounds 1-5. If you choose not to draft that player, beginning round 6, anyone can draft him.
- There will be 6 keepers from year to year (can be any combination of hitters and/or pitchers). Plus the 2 Rookie Keepers for your rookie team.
- We encourage trash talking. We are a year round league, which means our offseason will have trading, add/drops, and followed by the draft. We have a site set up for our league activity. This site will be used for offseason activity, which includes the draft which will be done on the message board. This is our first year, so we would like to have a live draft, but if it is hard to get everyone together on a given night, we will do a message board draft. If you are not an active owner, we do not want you. If you are active, we do want you and you are encouraged to invite your friends.
- If you want any other information about this league, please contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember this is a Yahoo league, so make sure you have a yahoo account if you are interested. Thanks for your interest in our league, and I hope to hear from you soon.