DYNASTY rules/suggestions? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

DYNASTY rules/suggestions?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DYNASTY rules/suggestions?

Postby 2119 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:18 pm

Currently our league is a keeper, we keep half the team, we have decided to convert to a Dynasty league and keep the whole team from year to year.

The question I have is, what all is involved with a Dynasty?

Do you keep your whole team forever? If I have Jose Reyes, is he mine untile he retires I trade or cut him?

Or do you still sign players to contracts and what not? Our roster consists of 25 major leaguers and 5 minor leaguers, that would be a lot of contracts to sign.

Everyone in the league has voted to move to a dynasty but I am the one who now has to make it work.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks ahead of time.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: DYNASTY rules/suggestions?

Postby JTWood » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:29 am

Not to poke fun, but you guys voted to switch to a format you don't understand? :-b

Dynasty = You keep everyone. No contracts.

Typically, dynasty leagues have deep, deep minors systems, as that's the only way for owners to get new talent. I would recommend expanding your minors system to at least 10 players, and I would start researching accordingly.

Good luck! ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby converge241 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:29 am

I would say make the minor league rosters bigger (10 as suggested)

and make all the minor league drafted guys on 5 year deals and all the minor league guys on 3 year deals

if this is an auction league make it like true free agency where when a contract expires, the previous owner has say last rights to match the best offer or something along those lines

nothign wrong with making limits hard limits too as in once the contract is up you ahve no rights to them

a good place to search for more ideas is the Classifieds..see what rules other Dynasty owners have

good luck..always exciting diving into a new format!
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby Dobber » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:07 pm

I have been digging around the Cafe for an hour now, and not finding too much in classifieds, FAQ or otherwise that gives much about others "dynasty" league setups.

I'm setting up a new 16-18 teamer, and haven't really gone the route of dynasty before, so I wanted to see if there's common setup features that I'm missing, and striking out to this point.

1. Draft a "MLB" team
2. Keep 4 players off the MLB roster, 2 off farm system...salary to be based on 2008 real salary
3. Auction 17 more spots off
4. "Waterfall" snake draft 8 more spots, giving a total of 23 MLB roster and 10 minor league roster
5. After 2008 season, bump up salaries by $3 for MLB kept guys, minors stay the same, 8 keepers total

I know this is a hybrid and not a true "dynasty" here, and numbers may change before we start filling the league, but any common feature(s) missing?
Dobber
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby converge241 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:26 pm

just a couple from Classifieds, leagues looking to fill dynasty leagues with links to samples of rules/constitutions:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=318696&p=2555201&hilit=dynasty#p2555201

viewtopic.php?t=318641&hilit=dynasty

There are more though

Advance search keyword dynasty then select forum Classifieds

happy hunting..there are plenty of different league formats and rules to get ideas from
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Return to Commissioner's Corner