Before they tear it down... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Before they tear it down...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Before they tear it down...

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:04 pm

How hard is it to get tickets for a game? I have this dream of coming to the Bronx this year to see a game before they tear down the stadium. Am I crazy? How much could I expect to pay for tickets? Where should I get them?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Before they tear it down...

Postby blankman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:16 pm

Sit in the bleachers for cheap. They list for only 10 bucks a ticket. Just don't wear a Red Sox or Mets hat in the bleachers ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:47 pm

knapplc wrote:How hard is it to get tickets for a game? I have this dream of coming to the Bronx this year to see a game before they tear down the stadium. Am I crazy? How much could I expect to pay for tickets? Where should I get them?

Tickets have been more and more difficult to get in recent times and I expect them to be even harder next season. That said, they can be had. Scalpers could be an option but I'm sure that you would want to have something more concrete before coming to NY. Stub Hub is supposed to be costly. If you can wait it out, I would try Ebay. A lot of people panic if they can't go close to the date of the game. You can get some great deals. The bleachers are cheap and cool but I don't think that they sell/allow beer there.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby blankman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:10 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
knapplc wrote:How hard is it to get tickets for a game? I have this dream of coming to the Bronx this year to see a game before they tear down the stadium. Am I crazy? How much could I expect to pay for tickets? Where should I get them?

Tickets have been more and more difficult to get in recent times and I expect them to be even harder next season. That said, they can be had. Scalpers could be an option but I'm sure that you would want to have something more concrete before coming to NY. Stub Hub is supposed to be costly. If you can wait it out, I would try Ebay. A lot of people panic if they can't go close to the date of the game. You can get some great deals. The bleachers are cheap and cool but I don't think that they sell/allow beer there.

The bleachers don't sell beer, but who wants to pay $8 a bottle anyway. Just get drunk before the game with all the money you save by sitting there. Ebay is the best method IMO if you can't get any on Ticketmaster. In my experience you can generally get bleacher tickets at ticketmaster if you give yourself a couple weeks before the game.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby knapplc » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:33 pm

I'm thinking of going to two games. I'll sit in the bleachers one game, then towards the infield for the other. That way I'll get the real feel of the place.

So I won't be able to buy tickets from their MLB site? When do/did they go on sale?

How bad do the scalpers rake you on prices?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:03 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm thinking of going to two games. I'll sit in the bleachers one game, then towards the infield for the other. That way I'll get the real feel of the place.

So I won't be able to buy tickets from their MLB site? When do/did they go on sale?

How bad do the scalpers rake you on prices?
I never got tix from a scalper but I would expect them to factor the stadium closing into their prices. Packages are already on sale but it doesn't look like single game tix are on sale yet. That should happen between February and March. If you try to get them the day they go on sale, you should be able to get something.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Return to New York Yankees