Madison's Kind of Woman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Madison's Kind of Woman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Madison's Kind of Woman

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:26 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
knapplc wrote:How old were you when you got married, JT? I was 21 years, four months, 12 days old. ;-D

Hmm... Let's see.

I was 22 years, 8 months, and 14 days old.
She was 18 years, 10 months, and 16 days old.

The judge looked at us like he thought we'd be back next year for the divorce. It was 7 years last Saturday. ;-D

That's hilarious - the wife and I celebrated 16 years last Friday. :-b

Congratulations on seven years. ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:28 pm

knapplc wrote:That's hilarious - the wife and I celebrated 16 years last Friday. :-b

Congratulations on seven years. ;-D

Nice. So how's an early-Jan anniversary treating you?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Not bad. It kind of wraps into the whole holiday thing with Christmas and New Year's. We're a lot more low-key about it now, but it's a good time to go out on that last holiday-season date. It wraps up that whole time really well.

;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby Madison » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:33 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
knapplc wrote:How old were you when you got married, JT? I was 21 years, four months, 12 days old. ;-D

Hmm... Let's see.

I was 22 years, 8 months, and 14 days old.
She was 18 years, 10 months, and 16 days old.

The judge looked at us like he thought we'd be back next year for the divorce. It was 7 years last Saturday. ;-D

18 years, 4 months for my first marriage. Only lasted 3 1/2 years. !+) And we had no kids (in case anyone cares).

EDIT: Oh, and that's Mother of the Year award winner material right there. Nice one STL! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:07 pm

What an egotistical woman. I respect her sticking to the rules she set, but not how she went about it. The ad she put out is simply stroking her own ego, and leaving it up after the car has been sold does nothing to counteract that interpretation. She went about this all wrong. Apparently, the situation was shaky at best (i.e. she didn't find him drunk or catch him in the act), but she blew it way out of proportion by posting a very public ad like that.

That's not how you go about teaching your son a lesson. If I were her son, I would just be pissed that she did all that and something that may not have been my mistake became a national news story. That changes the lesson from "my actions have consequences, and I guess I should be more careful even if it's not all my fault" to "my mom's just looking for an excuse to talk herself up." She shifted the focus of the entire situation from him and his actions to herself with that ad.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:30 pm

Half Massed wrote:What an egotistical woman. I respect her sticking to the rules she set, but not how she went about it. The ad she put out is simply stroking her own ego, and leaving it up after the car has been sold does nothing to counteract that interpretation. She went about this all wrong. Apparently, the situation was shaky at best (i.e. she didn't find him drunk or catch him in the act), but she blew it way out of proportion by posting a very public ad like that.

That's not how you go about teaching your son a lesson. If I were her son, I would just be pissed that she did all that and something that may not have been my mistake became a national news story. That changes the lesson from "my actions have consequences, and I guess I should be more careful even if it's not all my fault" to "my mom's just looking for an excuse to talk herself up." She shifted the focus of the entire situation from him and his actions to herself with that ad.

I completely agree, this was the first thing I thought of when I read this. She's just loving the compliments she's getting and she's not even hiding it.

I'd have no problem with her selling the car or doing something drastic like that but the whole ad thing is to pump herself up.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:13 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
Half Massed wrote:What an egotistical woman. I respect her sticking to the rules she set, but not how she went about it. The ad she put out is simply stroking her own ego, and leaving it up after the car has been sold does nothing to counteract that interpretation. She went about this all wrong. Apparently, the situation was shaky at best (i.e. she didn't find him drunk or catch him in the act), but she blew it way out of proportion by posting a very public ad like that.

I completely agree, this was the first thing I thought of when I read this. She's just loving the compliments she's getting and she's not even hiding it.

I'd have no problem with her selling the car or doing something drastic like that but the whole ad thing is to pump herself up.

Think he'll be more careful with his next car and/or when he decides to have a drink with friends? I think it's great and don't interpret this as her stroking her own ego. It's her son. How would basically demeaning him publicly be making her look good?

I probably wouldn't do the ad thing myself either, but I applaud a mother being a mother and doing the right thing for her child (even if he is 19). Could be worse for this "kid" though. If he were my son he'd be without a car and a home.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:54 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I'm still only 22, so I might still have a couple stupid things up my sleeves. }:-)

Yeah look at your avatar.

:-D

I agree with what this woman is doing.
I also agree with the humiliation factor. My g/f lost a sister to a drunk driver , so I think if you can prevent it by pooping on them from a great height then don't even hesitate. ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:18 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:

Think he'll be more careful with his next car and/or when he decides to have a drink with friends? I think it's great and don't interpret this as her stroking her own ego. It's her son. How would basically demeaning him publicly be making her look good?

I probably wouldn't do the ad thing myself either, but I applaud a mother being a mother and doing the right thing for her child (even if he is 19). Could be worse for this "kid" though. If he were my son he'd be without a car and a home.

I think she could have accomplished the exact same thing by selling the car and/or doing other things, but decided to take it to unnecessary measures to make sure everyone knows how good of a parent she is. Sure, there can be some embarrassment from this ad now that everyone knows what happened, but even now once she's gotten her point across, she's keeping the ad going just to pump herself up as a parent.

The car has been sold, but Hambleton says she will continue the ad for another week -- just for the feedback.

It even says it- "just for the feedback." It's not that she's too "strict," it's just ridiculous how in love she is with herself for doing this.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:18 am

Meh. You guys are passing judgment with scant knowledge of this family. For all you know, this boy is extraordinarily stubborn and belligerent. Furthermore, this mom may only have this boy in her life, so everyday she has to hear how he hates her. If I were in that situation, some positive feedback would be most welcome.

Anyway, not saying that's the case here. Just saying that maybe there's more than we know about.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk