Worst Commercial of the 21st Century - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Worst Commercial of the 21st Century

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Worst Commercial of the 21st Century

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:22 am

bigken117 wrote:Every McDonald's commercial is the worst ever.
I also hate that "Footloose" Kia commerical something fierce. %-6

this one is probably less annoying than the usual case of mcdonald's trying to be cool by having black people talking in "urban slang" in most mcdonald's commercials.

" yo im hungry"
"aight, lets get some eats!"
"im down!"

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:57 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Every McDonald's commercial is the worst ever.
I also hate that "Footloose" Kia commerical something fierce. %-6

this one is probably less annoying than the usual case of mcdonald's trying to be cool by having black people talking in "urban slang" in most mcdonald's commercials.

" yo im hungry"
"aight, lets get some eats!"
"im down!"

"I'm lovin' it!" is the worst slogan in the history of advertising. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive, but I actually find it offensive.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:41 pm

Not to hijack your McDonald's thread, but these two Norms restaurants commercials are classic:

T-Bone Steak & Eggs:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3uf39 ... -tbone_ads

Lumberjack breakfast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx_oVu0ih7A&NR=1

Now that's how to order a meal.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:56 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Not to hijack your McDonald's thread...

No worries; but I'm not sure what Norm's is other than a West Coast version of Denny's. :-b

The commercials are clever though.

So why are all these fast food places, spending all this money on creative advertising, getting trounced, STILL, by McDonalds when their food, service, cleanliness, choices and advertising are all arguably the worst?

See, I'm not even anti-fast food. I'm just anti McDonalds. And I haven't set foot in one since 2004.

"I'm into nuggets yo."

It haunts my dreams.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Coppermine wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Not to hijack your McDonald's thread...

No worries; but I'm not sure what Norm's is other than a West Coast version of Denny's. :-b

The commercials are clever though.

That's basically what it is. :-b We have Denny's too. ;-)

Coppermine wrote:So why are all these fast food places, spending all this money on creative advertising, getting trounced, STILL, by McDonalds when their food, service, cleanliness, choices and advertising are all arguably the worst?

See, I'm not even anti-fast food. I'm just anti McDonalds. And I haven't set foot in one since 2004.

"I'm into nuggets yo."

It haunts my dreams.

I haven't been to a McDonald's or eaten McDonald's food in 6 years. Biggest beef I have with the food (no pun intended) is that well, it's just very bland, way worse than your average nationwide fast food chain. But then again, there's Arby's and I haven't set foot in one in 17-18 years.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:18 pm

AD, you live in arguably the Mecca of all fast food. My brief time spend in the Inland Empire exposed me to more fast food restaurants than I even knew existed. There is more fast food in the greater Los Angeles area than in all of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delware and West Virginia combined. Maybe, I don't have exact figures or anything, but geez... you SoCal people and your fast food is like a religion. Where I went to college, there was a McDonalds and a Burger King. That's it!

So, AD, your argument here is unfair. You have more choices than any of us when it comes to getting a quick bite. Heck, out here, Carl's Jr. is called Hardees. They serve the same food, but people still think McDonalds makes a better burger.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:48 am

at least they quit putting precocious red-head kids in their commercial...im i the only one that notices when there's some ad with children there's always a red-haired kid, and asian girl and a black girl with the little afro-puff pigtails
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:49 pm

Coppermine wrote:AD, you live in arguably the Mecca of all fast food. My brief time spend in the Inland Empire exposed me to more fast food restaurants than I even knew existed. There is more fast food in the greater Los Angeles area than in all of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delware and West Virginia combined. Maybe, I don't have exact figures or anything, but geez... you SoCal people and your fast food is like a religion. Where I went to college, there was a McDonalds and a Burger King. That's it!

So, AD, your argument here is unfair. You have more choices than any of us when it comes to getting a quick bite. Heck, out here, Carl's Jr. is called Hardees. They serve the same food, but people still think McDonalds makes a better burger.

True, I tend to take fast food for granted because here, you'll have your typical McDonald's/Carl's Jr./Burger King/Jack in the Box/KFC on every other corner at least. I usually stay away from these places except for Popeye's. I like our local fast food restaurants better than the "big boys", places like Pink's, Tito's Tacos, and Roro's Chicken than patronize a restaurant whose frequent locations smack of urban sprawl and so-so food.

L.A. is probably burger capital of the world. Of course, you have McDonald's being born in the L.A. area and you have your local bastions of burger supremacy, like Tommy's, In-N-Out, and Apple Pan. Then, you have your upscale retro burger diners like Johnny Rocket's or Fuddrucker's but good grief, I wouldn't pay $9 for a double cheeseburger that tastes like In-N-Out's Double Double and can get for fraction of the price at In-N-Out. A step up is those swanky bars, brewpubs, and fancy restaurants that serve "luxury" burgers with some kind of med. rare 1/2 pound Kobe/angus/sirloin beef and some fancy fix-ins. Just within a 2 to 3-mile radius of my office, we have 4 or 5 places that boast the best burger in town, or at least, in Hollywood. In particular I like this one burger joint called Lucky Devils that has hands down, the best beer selection in Hollywood (40 microbrews/Belgian beers). Burgers there are great, but I've had better. Father's Office has the best I've had and have an even better beer selection, though all I care about usually is Alesmith Old Numbskull and Russian River Pliny the Elder.

Cu, I still think you're a good fit for L.A. For some reason, I could see you being a foodie. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:12 pm

I'm a huge foodie, even here. Although I get sort of rush with the anticipation of a new restaurant, of any kind, opening within an hour's radius of me.

That said, I don't think Southern California's for me... it's kind of a barren wasteland other than the massive development, I get very frustrated when stuck in traffic and I kind of like 'seasons.'

Yeah, I think I'm a northeasterner through and through, but the Pacific Northwest is mildly appealing... :*)
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk