need advice for my wife - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

need advice for my wife

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: need advice for my wife

Postby Y`s Guy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:49 am

My wife, let's call her 'Y', is a HS teacher for a high school with a bad element of kids. I hear this stuiff every day. Yoda's wife is getting an attorney through her union, not the administration. Don't confuse the two. Does the school really have her back? She'll soon find out.

Weird story, tho. A bag of weed falls out of a book? And he eats it instead of walking out of class to get to the nearest john? Not saying "Yeah, right." but it is strange. Then again, there are a lot of stupid kids in the world. But if I was that kid and one strike away I would not be hiding weed in a book.

As for the parents getting a lawyer...nothing makes a school admin shake more than a good lawyer.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:20 pm

She talked to the union and the school board. They are all completely backing her (really no reason why they wouldn't).

The reason why he ate the weed is to get rid of the evidence on the spot. The kid is an idiot and his parents are even worse for not taking any responsibility for their child's problems. Just goes to show you how stupid some parents are. What are they hoping to accomplish by continuing this charade?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Glad to hear that the Union and Board are supporting your wife, Yoda. That has to be comforting, at least somewhat. It's not like that everywhere, although it should be.

Tell her that there a lots of guys at the Cafe who are proud of her for what she did. Staying quiet and letting this slide is the easy thing to do. It takes mountains of courage to speak out and try to help this kid, or to try to help the kids around him by getting him out of there. Whatever her motivation, it's something I respect. ;-D ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:31 pm

knapplc wrote:Glad to hear that the Union and Board are supporting your wife, Yoda. That has to be comforting, at least somewhat. It's not like that everywhere, although it should be.

Tell her that there a lots of guys at the Cafe who are proud of her for what she did. Staying quiet and letting this slide is the easy thing to do. It takes mountains of courage to speak out and try to help this kid, or to try to help the kids around him by getting him out of there. Whatever her motivation, it's something I respect. ;-D ;-D

Thanks. The worst part is that she broke down into tears because she felt so bad for him when this happened in front of her class (she is extremely emo). She genuinely cares for her kids and does not want anything bad to happen to them. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly and painlessly. She is not compensated enough to deal with all this BS.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:35 pm

No teacher is paid enough to craft the future of our country, to raise our children and to provide them the safety, love, education and social structure that we ask of them. If this world were working right teachers would make six figures, minimum. Now that I have a child in school I can't thank her teachers enough.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Boyakasha » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:41 pm

No disrespect to your wife, Yoda, cause I feel for her having to deal with all the BS she's going to have to deal with because of this kid, but I started cracking up picturing that kid opening his book, freezing as his bag of weed fell out, and then just start gobbling it down to hide the evidence. The image I have has him double fisting the buds, biting off hunks, and gagging without a beverage. He must have been high as hell afterwards, just freaking out while everyone was yelling at him.
As to someone saying it sounded like a weird story, I'm sure he was pretty stoned to have forgotten about the weed in his book to begin with, so it makes perfect sense that he'd just scarf it down instead of thinking clearly about how best to wriggle out of that one.
Boyakasha
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:32 am

Boyakasha wrote: He must have been high as hell afterwards

I think that it has to be heated (smoked, sauteed, etc...) to get 'activated' so I am not sure if he might not have wasted it. Unless, of course, he dug it out... :-P

Sorry to hear about your wife. I suspect that she should be fine, for him to sue her successfully, I believe that she would have had to do something to injure him and his side of the story is not plausible. I would also caution her to make sure to have witnesses around though as, if he is that slimy, it's probably not the last time he will try to pull crap.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby TheRock » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Wow, kudos to her and she needs to stick to her guns no matter how many lawyers/sucky parents/scumbag friends of this scumbag are against her. It seems unlikely to me this would ever get to any kind of trial, I suspect the parents are just hoping the threat posed by their attorney will solve the problem their lack of parenting skills can't.

Sadly, this is only a mild example of what teaching in a high school can be like. Just wanting to help kids learn, shape the future, impact lives, etc. isn't adequate in today's schools. And as in this case, it's often the moronic parents that are the worst enemy of what their kids truly need.

If these events are greatly upsetting your wife, as they would many people, perhaps she needs to honestly assess the state of our high schools and decide if maybe she'd rather teach in another setting? Don't want to sound harsh, but perhaps better to decide that now than before something more serious comes along. Drugs are everywhere, and usually not pot. Violence seems to get worse every year, even against teachers, teen pregnancy is skyrocketing, and parents don't teach their kids to respect authority anymore. I'm not sure you could pay me enough to do that job, is she sure it's for her?
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Previous

Return to General Talk