Best Fantasy Columnist?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Fantasy Columnist??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Fantasy Columnist??

Postby DetroitTigers » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Do any of you have a favorite fantasy baseball columnist that you think gives the best advice or predictions?? Guys like Eric Karabell of ESPN or Brandon Funston from Yahoo?? I don't agree with many things Eric Karabell says, i think Brandon Funston is ok, but my favorite is probably the guys (Mike Siano, Cory Schwartz) from MLB Radio that have their fantasy baseball radio show on every day at 11:00 during the season (Fantasy 411). Any thoughts.....
DetroitTigers
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best Fantasy Columnist??

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:54 pm

fantasy 411 is definitely a solid show. Honestly I dont have a one favorite. Brad Evans is pretty hit or miss, plus he sells his attitude more than his smarts. I like Matthew Pouliot of rotoworld. Really the people I like the best are here at the cafe ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Agree on Pouliot, disagree on Karabell (I like him), and agree that the Cafe posters are the best :-B
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby DetroitTigers » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:18 pm

I think the worst fantasy columnist is Matthew Berry (sorry it's fantasy football instead of baseball). His recommendations are way off and he puts things about his dating life in his articles and crap like that. And he thinks he's funny. I think Eric Karabell always talks about passing on good players in draft for cheaper players in the later rounds. You should pass on overhyped players to an extent, but he always seems to recommend taking someone with no upside. Just my opinion. I'll have to check out this Matthew Pouliot guy....
DetroitTigers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:38 pm

I vote for Tavish, RUMP, and HOOTIE. I'm a groupie. B-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby trekidley » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:17 pm

I like Peter Gammons most of the time and the Baseball Columnist is back , easily enough http://www.thebaseballcolumnist.com

He had a different site last year, not sure what happened, something about a legal issue with his website, but now he's back. He usually does awesome Fantasy columns and is great at picking Sleepers.

As for his baseball columns, he is very honest and funny a lot of the times. It is worth checking out Sunday nights or whenever he does it. He used to do a Baseball Photoshop each week, which was hilarious, and i emailed him and he said he will bring that back as well soon. Those are so funny.
Readings I can't live without:
Peter Gammons
&
The Baseball Columnist
trekidley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:21 pm

trekidley wrote:I like Peter Gammons most of the time and the Baseball Columnist is back , easily enough http://www.thebaseballcolumnist.com

He had a different site last year, not sure what happened, something about a legal issue with his website, but now he's back. He usually does awesome Fantasy columns and is great at picking Sleepers.

As for his baseball columns, he is very honest and funny a lot of the times. It is worth checking out Sunday nights or whenever he does it. He used to do a Baseball Photoshop each week, which was hilarious, and i emailed him and he said he will bring that back as well soon. Those are so funny.

Why do I somehow get the feeling that trekidley is the Baseball Columnist? :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby trekidley » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:26 pm

ha, i dont have that much ambition. I figured not many people heard of him and i like his stuff. I dont have to go into details about gammons. sorry
Peter Gammons
&
The Baseball Columnist
trekidley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby trekidley » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:29 pm

ooh i forgot also John Donovan, from si.com...and I am NOT john donovan either, lol

he always writes about the bad people in baseball instead of all the fluff stuff we are sick of reading about
Peter Gammons
&
The Baseball Columnist
trekidley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Yoda » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Matthew Pouliot and Peter Kreutzer are my favorites. Although not really fantasy, Will Caroll is another favorite of mine.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers