I just threw up in my mouth a little - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I just threw up in my mouth a little

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I just threw up in my mouth a little

Postby TheRock » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm

To answer your question Madison, I think you have to ask could a "huge hematoma and sluggish pupil" completely disappear within 24 hours? Because the doctor in the ER didn't seem to find anything too overwhelming. Seems a little quick for an injury as severe as what the paramedic/caseworkers are describing to go away on its own.

I suspect we may have a case of inflated paramedic ego, leading to post-event exaggeration of what he was so "concerned" about. Now that it's all gone down this way and everyone who was involved has egg on their face, of course they're going to build a stronger case for doing what they did.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I just threw up in my mouth a little

Postby Madison » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:30 pm

TheRock wrote:To answer your question Madison, I think you have to ask could a "huge hematoma and sluggish pupil" completely disappear within 24 hours? Because the doctor in the ER didn't seem to find anything too overwhelming. Seems a little quick for an injury as severe as what the paramedic/caseworkers are describing to go away on its own.

I suspect we may have a case of inflated paramedic ego, leading to post-event exaggeration of what he was so "concerned" about. Now that it's all gone down this way and everyone who was involved has egg on their face, of course they're going to build a stronger case for doing what they did.

Actually no, it makes no difference if they turned out right or wrong after the fact. The whole situation is simply: "Does the government have the authority to do what they did?" Even if they had turned out right and the kid did have a more serious injury, it really doesn't affect the question at all.

Hard for us to know what the paramedic was thinking, but overriding a parent's request for no other reason than looking out for the welfare of a kid, really isn't such a major problem to me.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk