Getting ready for 2008! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Getting ready for 2008!

Re: Getting ready for 2008!

Postby BaltoBruiser » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:45 pm

Would anyone leave Francis off of the protection list and put Kouzmanoff on both are $11 salary players and I think Kouz's got over the "jitters" that had a hold of him until June and really played well in the second half. I just think I could get more value from him at $11 than Francis.

Bruiser
"Find me a woman who truly loves beer and I will conquer the world!"
Kaiser Wilhelm
BaltoBruiser Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby arsxfc » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:13 pm

First time poster here. Question: in a 12-team Head-to-Head 5X5 league with 3 keepers.

last years team hitters that are on list to keep (not planning on keeping pitchers)

Rollins
Soriano
Ichiro
Granderson
Beltre
Konerko
Cust
Damon

I am assuming that keeping Rollins and Soriano are no-brainers. But what about the 3rd spot?
I am torn between keeping a proven commodity as Ichiro, versus maybe the potential of Granderson (going into his 3rd full season). I figure I can get another 1b equitable or better to Konerko...so guess long-winded prose to ask Ichiro r Granderson????
arsxfc
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Grouperman941 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:23 pm

arsxfc wrote:First time poster here. Question: in a 12-team Head-to-Head 5X5 league with 3 keepers.

last years team hitters that are on list to keep (not planning on keeping pitchers)

Rollins
Soriano
Ichiro
Granderson
Beltre
Konerko
Cust
Damon

I am assuming that keeping Rollins and Soriano are no-brainers. But what about the 3rd spot?
I am torn between keeping a proven commodity as Ichiro, versus maybe the potential of Granderson (going into his 3rd full season). I figure I can get another 1b equitable or better to Konerko...so guess long-winded prose to ask Ichiro r Granderson????

Your analysis of your team is correct.
I would keep Ichiro, but you will likely get as many votes for Granderson.

Try reposting in the Draft, Trade, Keeper, Waivers Forum for more replies. ;-D
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BaltoBruiser » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:02 pm

OK I am hijacking my post back :-)

We have a week left until keeper lists are due. Thanks for the input thus far. Here is what I am thinking at this point

C - Montero $3
SS - Furcal $24
3B - Jones $22
3B - Kouzmanoff $11
OF - Fukudome $10
OF - Kemp $1
OF - Lind $2
SP - Beckett $18
SP - Bailey $5
SP - Miller $2
RP - Speier $1

11 players/$99 in Salary (my cap is 11/$110)

A couple of things that I might change and wanted some feedback on.

1) Should I keep Hudson? His salary for 2008 would be $17 and I initially thought I could get him for less than that at auction but looking at the lack of depth at 2B that might not be true.

2) Do Bailey, Miller, Montero and Lind have enough short term upside to keep? I drafted all three of these guys last year thinking that there was a chance for help in 2007 but that they would be contributing in 2008. However, based on their performances in 2007, I am not sure my thesis still holds.

3) I think Furcal is worth $24 if he rebounds and performs closer to his 05 & 06 numbers versus 07. Obviously, I am willing to take a risk on him but would a more conservative play be to keep Hudson (see Q1) and try to pick up Furcal at a lower salary at auction?

4) Based on the keeper submissions thus far, it looks like Miguel Cabrera will be available. Should I leave Kouzmanoff off my keeper list (opening up a 3B position) and keep Hudson (Q1) or possibly another SP (Francis is also $11 for 2008 or Garland a $9 salary for 2008)?

5) Even though Morneau is a pretty good player, I don't see him producing enough to warrent a $31 salary based on the projections I have used. With the exception of Montero, all of the other hitters I plan on keeping seem to have at least their salary or some upside to their projected production. What do you think?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide! If I can I will help in return.

Bruiser
"Find me a woman who truly loves beer and I will conquer the world!"
Kaiser Wilhelm
BaltoBruiser Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum