Whats better? Lineup Changes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Whats better? Lineup Changes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whats better? Lineup Changes

Postby colt4523 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:08 pm

Our league is thinking of making our lineup changes twice a week. Lineups would be due on Monday and then we can reset our lineups on Thursday. I was wondering what the cafe prefers, weekly lineups changes or bi-weekly.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Whats better? Lineup Changes

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:14 pm

colt4523 wrote:Our league is thinking of making our lineup changes twice a week. Lineups would be due on Monday and then we can reset our lineups on Thursday. I was wondering what the cafe prefers, weekly lineups changes or bi-weekly.

I have only done daily and weekly so, if my 2 choices were weekly or bi-weekly, I would go for the latter.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby RotoFan07 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:33 pm

I am in numerous leagues, so I like weekly. Daily leagues get to be too much for me to manage.
RotoFan07
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby converge241 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:50 pm

I prefer daily but have done daily, weekly, bi-weekly (with changes only for injury) - preference in that order.

I love your possibility for change in the middle ;-D
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby colt4523 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:23 pm

The bi-weekly lineup changes were brought up because of the number of pitcher starts. My league is a h2h points league, so if Santana has a 2 start week, that team has a huge advantage that week (of course I have santana :-) ). I made the suggestion to play each team back to back weeks. So if I have santana pitch twice one week he will only pitch once the following week. This way the number of pitching starts should even out over the two week h2h match up.
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)

Postby JDD » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Let your format be your guide. Straight Fantasy Points call for daily lineup changes. If you play head to head for four games Mon-Thurs, then you have the Monday noon deadline, the same goes for Friday at noon for the Friday-Saturday-Sunday tilts.

I would never play a fantasy points league with weekly lineup changes. I am more active than most, and a rule like that caters to the inactive owner. Plus, if the injury bug bites on monday, it hurts all week long, again hurting the active owner who may notice and want or even CARE to make a change on Tuesday.
--JDD
JDD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cbakieval » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:25 pm

My league plays hxh points with two series per week...
Mon-Thu and Fri-Sun... Lineups deadlines are Mon. noon and Fri. noon each week for the next series.

The nice thing about two series per week, is you rarely have any down time when you are waiting for an already decided hxh matchup to end.

Our playoff series are a full week long and while its good to have a full week to let the results pan out for the playoffs, I cant imagine playing the regular season this way.

Short series where every nite is critical is the way to go though I dont know any site other than FanStar which offers this most fun of formats.
cbakieval
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Commissioner's Corner