American Gladiators - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

American Gladiators

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: American Gladiators

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:35 am

daullaz wrote:At the least, I'm recording it and all its cheesy goodness. Loved Mollivan tonight, though I really can't see him winning the whole shebang and being a Gladiator next year. :-b

:-b Mully be as a gladiator would be hilarious. 5' 5" 150 soaking wet. :-b
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:37 am

daullaz wrote:At the least, I'm recording it and all its cheesy goodness. Loved Mollivan tonight, though I really can't see him winning the whole shebang and being a Gladiator next year. :-b

:-b Mully be as a gladiator would be hilarious. 5' 5" 150 soaking wet. :-b

Someone should make a thread in the cheering and venting forum for the next episode. ;-7
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:47 am

Helga looks worthless. She was awful in the gauntlet. :-t
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:59 am

blankman wrote:Helga looks worthless. She was awful in the gauntlet. :-t

To be fair, they were all awful in the gauntlet.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CadensDad » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:37 am

Was it just me or did all the Gladiators seem to suck? I missed the first hour but watched the 2nd and the Gladiators just didn't seem to be all that to me.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby tuff_gong » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:48 am

A few of my thoughts...

-I agree, Wolf cannot be a real human being. There are robot body parts under his skin.

-Chad, the skateboarder, was the biggest tool ever. My favorite moment was when he talked trash on Wolf, then Wolf proceeded to destroy him in the ring game.

-Pyramid is probably my favorite, when it is with the guys. Watching Mollivan and the guy who tried out for the original American Gladiators get rocked by Wolf and the other gladiator with the comb over was pretty hilarious.

-My friends and I were thinking, what if they incorporated celebrity appearances into this show? Either have celebrity Gladiators or a celebrity vs Gladiators show? How sweet would that be? Imagine if it were Shawn Merriman out there tonight giving Chad a sack lunch.

-I will probably switch between this and the Championship game tomorrow night.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CheeseBeger » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:10 am

I loved watching those two girls do that obstacle course at the end and getting stuck on that ramp for a minute each. Two hours did seem a little overboard but I will put aside one hour every Monday to watch this. I have to imagine the rating for this show were amazing tonight; probably half the people I know watched it.

Oh and apparently Toa is The Rocks cousin.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby ThatDude » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:14 am

tuff_gong wrote:-Pyramid is probably my favorite, when it is with the guys. Watching Mollivan and the guy who tried out for the original American Gladiators get rocked by Wolf and the other gladiator with the comb over was pretty hilarious.

A lot of potential for awesomeness there.

My favorites in the old days were Powerball and Assault, and they managed to screw them both up in this new version (by giving the buckets wider openings and making the guys load up the guns instead of just pointing and shooting).
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:47 am

CadensDad wrote:Was it just me or did all the Gladiators seem to suck? I missed the first hour but watched the 2nd and the Gladiators just didn't seem to be all that to me.

i only caught a few minutes of it because my wife made me watch Cashmere Mafia (who doesnt love women who look about 40 playing 30 year olds who are CEO's or whatever) but yeah they looked pretty sucky
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:17 am

Definitely DVRing AG tonight and watching it after the BCS Title Game. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk