Rules - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Kevin DuBrow Memorial League (KDML)

Rules

Moderator: Mookie4ever

Rules

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:57 am

Here are the rules of the league. I've borrowed them from my other auction league - the Veteran Keeper Classic. You can check out that league if you want. That league is Here.

This thread is just for the rules. Keep all league chat in This Thread.

Scoring

The Kevin DuBrow Memorial League (KDML) is a rotisserie league.

Hitting categories: BA, HR, Runs, RBI, Steals
Pitching categories: Wins, ERA, Whip, SO, Saves

MAX and MIN

Min IP 900
Max IP 1400

Rosters

Starting Positions: C, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, UT, 3 OF, 6 pitchers
Bench: 8 players of any position
DL: We will use Yahoo designation.

Position Eligibility: Using Yahoo standards for position eligibility.

Auction

Player Pool: all players AL and NL are eligible to be purchased at auction, minor leaguers and prospects as well.

Cap: $250 cap.

Initial bid: $1

Bid increments: min increment of $1 no max. increment.

Process: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday every owner will start a thread with a player. The initial thread will list the player, the team, the position eligibility and the bid. The bid must be $1, you cannot start at any other bid.

Please follow this example:

Vernon Wells, Toronto Blue Jays, OF, $1

Bidding starts at 12:00 pm ET (noon) every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So you must have your player submitted (your thread started) before that time. If you do not have your player queued up by then, I will do it for you. If you cannot queue your player in time please PM your selection to another owner.

Bidding proceeds in $1 or greater increments. When there has been no new bids on a player for a 24 hour period, bidding is halted on that player and he is sold. I will then lock that thread. Please notify me in the Chat Thread if I have overlooked a player.

Bidding will start on (to be determined). With every owner nominating 3 players per week, rosters should be filled and the auction should end in 8 weeks. If the auction is going smoothly we can speed it up with Friday and Saturday nominations - that will be determined later.

End bidding:

If your roster is full (or would be full if you included active bids where you are winning) you are not allowed to nominate players for bidding. Only those owners with empty roster spots are allowed to nominate players.

For the last several rounds (where several owners may want to nominate the same player so as to be the first one with a one dollar bid on a scrub) nominations may not be submitted until 24 hours prior to the opening on bidding ie 12:00 noon Toronto time on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. The first nomination for a player received after 11:59 am on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday will be the valid bid and others received too soon or second nominations will be deleted. (eg. 3 owners all want to nominate Loaiza at $1. They all wait patiently at their computers and submit their bids. The first nomination time stamped 12:00 or later that is first listed in the forum gets his bid for Loaiza in at $1).

Similarly two owners may both want Loaiza and both owners have $2 - so both want the other to nominate him. If this is the case, you must have your nomination in before 12:00 noon Toronto time on Monday, Wednesday and Friday or else I will nominate for both of you. Nominations received after 12:00 noon Toronto time will be deleted.

Transactions

This is a daily transaction yahoo league.

All Trades must be approved by the commissioner. All trades will be approved unless it involves collusion or abject stupidity and will affect the league results. You may trade players, prospects (minor leaguers) or players on injured reserve. You may not trade salary. Once a player is traded he cannot be traded back to the same team for a period of 12 months.

Trades during the draft are allowed. During this time, the players salaries are traded with them--and only during this time (trades during the season are revenue neutral as there is no in-season budget). No cash is allowed to be traded at any time.

Trading Deadline: July 17, 2008 12:00 am (midnight) ET - notice of the trade must be delivered to the commissioner by PM or email by the deadline.

Transaction rules may change once a league host has been selected, if the host cannot accomodate these rules. If this occurs everybody will be notified right away.

Undroppable Players: We will use the Yahoo list of undroppable players.

Waivers and free agents

There is no limit on the number adds or drops that you can make.

Free agents mus be picked up at any time. All players not purchased at auction are immediately placed on waivers, if not picked up off of waivers, these players are put into the free agent pool.

Waivers: we will use the Yahoo waiver system.

Waiver rank: initially set by Yahoo.

Sportsmanship

This is not an issue with this group of people in this league. If it does become an issue, I will personally kick the asses involved and I reserve the right to kick out all bad apples and publish in the Cafe a detailed description of their actions (just kidding) - but like I said, this is not an issue with this group of owners.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to The Kevin DuBrow Memorial League (KDML)