Counting Stats?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Counting Stats??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Counting Stats??

Postby kcbrett5 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:23 pm

I am the commish of an AL only league, 12 teams. 23 man roster, no reserves. I was toying with the idea of counting stats for a player that gets traded to the NL, in season. Or just losing the player...ie: Teixeira. It would have to go up for a vote in our league.
Do you think this is a fair thing to do?
What is your opinion on this?

Just wanted to get some thought on this subject before I brought it up in my league.

Thanks
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Re: Counting Stats??

Postby Loreti27 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:59 pm

This is a great question. All of my Leagues are combined NL & AL players so I checked w/ a few Commisioners I knew that ran AL Only or NL Only Leagues. They related that under their League's Constitution, if you are playing in an AL- or NL-only league and a player is traded to or picked up by a team in the other league, this player will be immediately dropped from your team. Any scoring points, waiver claims or trade offers involving this player will be void from the date in which it took effect.

Regarding Texiera.... the Commish of the AL Only League related that the GM who lost Texiera flew off the handle & wanted fair compensation. The League agreed to "bump him up" in waiver wire priority & he staked claim to any Free Agent of his choosing before he returned back to where he was originally on the Wire priority.

The Commish of the NL Only League related that the team who was # 1 on the Waiver Wire priority list immediately staked claim to Texeira & his "En Fuego" run w/ the Braves. He also added that this lucky GM had thrown in the towel, but the Texiera addition added some wind in his sail to actively participate in the League for the remainder of the season.
Loreti27
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Location: The # 7 Train heading for the Willet's Point / Shea Stadium Platform

Postby converge241 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:36 pm

I am in an AL only that keeps counting stats for that season if traded to the NL and in an NL only that sees the player as dead once traded to the AL

I have no preference for either or really as far as "fairness" and have never had complaints when either leagues rules have affected me either personally or helped another team. As long as the rules are in place before the season it's all fine with me.

I wouldnt want to be in a league like the above poster describes where the commish bumped the guy lost texiera up because thats such an arbitrary ruling and all..how much should that guy be moved up and what about say an owner who lose a willy mo pena instead of a teixiera etc etc

I think part of the fun in a split league is having that extra eye on players possibly leaving the league or coming in so if I had to choose one I would pick "player traded out of AL = dead and player coming into Al = on waivers"
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)

Postby Baldie180 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:06 pm

I'm in an AL keeper. In this case, the Teixeira owner kept him for the rest of the season but would lose him for any subsequent seasons. Players entering the AL are on waivers. Fairest way to do it IMO.
Baldie180
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby lucatorrent » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:22 pm

Baldie180 wrote:I'm in an AL keeper. In this case, the Teixeira owner kept him for the rest of the season but would lose him for any subsequent seasons. Players entering the AL are on waivers. Fairest way to do it IMO.

Our AL only operates this way as well, and after playing in a league that works the other way I would never play in one again where you lose the players rights if he is traded to another league.

My personal opinion, if the player is in your player pool to begin the season and you invest a draft pick in him, you should be able to retain him for the entire season even if traded.
lucatorrent
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Commissioner's Corner