Is Fanstar any good for hosting a league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Is Fanstar any good for hosting a league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Fanstar any good for hosting a league?

Postby Ragoczy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:19 pm

My 2 keeper leagues used to use TQStats in the good old days but left it last year when they screwed it up. We tried Rotowire but the leagues weren't really happy with it. I've been checking posts and one person mentioned Fanstar. I checked out the web site and it sounds good. Can anyone out there tell me if they like it or don't like it and why? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
We're only immortal for a limited time
Ragoczy
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Fanstar any good for hosting a league?

Postby JTWood » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:24 am

I'm probably the guy that said FanStar was nice. Rather than tell you again, I'll just say this.

You can set up your entire league for free. If you like it, you pay.

So hop in, set things up, and see what you think. If you have any questions about the site once you get familiar with its backbone, feel free to shoot me a PM. I check them frequently.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby ReeferDave » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:41 am

My main keeper league has been on fanstar for the last 5 years. From what I understand, it is accomodating to the needs of each particular league. I have no complaints. If there was a glitch, it was handled.

reefer
ReeferDave
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cbakieval » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:10 pm

For years we used TQ for our extremely hard to duplicate AL Only (aol grandstand style) League. We play head-head, two matchups per week: mon-thu and fri-sun.
Each matchup is a 3 game series Hitting Points/Pitching Points/Overall Points.

Well TQ pulled the plug last year and FanStar was the only true custom provider I could find to recreate our game (which by the way is the best and we do have an opening this year). FanStar put forth a great effort. The owner/operator was accessible and helpful and saved our season.

The site has some warts. Its not TQ stats but it works, and if you have a truly custom league, it is literally the only place I know to go.
cbakieval
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mu_biggie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:41 pm

It is free to try so jump in and see what you think. But we found it hard to navigate. With that being said some guys did like the team set up as you could have a theme song and pictures. Other than that we did not like the site. CBS is much better for the money.
mu_biggie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner