Smartphones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Smartphones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Smartphones

Postby Mugrila » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:54 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Well I picked up the Blackberry Curve today. In fact, I'm posting from it right now! Let's just say that it's not terribly easy to browse the Cafe, but I suppose it works in a pinch.

Nice, I actually got one Wednesday and like it so far. From everything I read/heard it is superior to the Pearl.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:21 am

I don't know if you can buy this in America , but it's pretty popular over here............

ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby longshotwi » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:04 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Well I picked up the Blackberry Curve today. In fact, I'm posting from it right now! Let's just say that it's not terribly easy to browse the Cafe, but I suppose it works in a pinch.

I also am about to buy a blackberry. I noticed you were thinking about buying the Pearl. I am just wondering what make you purchase the Curve instead of the Pearl? ANything the salesperson told you? Just wondering?
longshotwi
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mugrila » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:33 pm

longshotwi wrote:

I also am about to buy a blackberry. I noticed you were thinking about buying the Pearl. I am just wondering what make you purchase the Curve instead of the Pearl? ANything the salesperson told you? Just wondering?

The keyboard on the Curve is much better and the screen is also a little better imo.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Big Pimpin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:11 am

Mugrila wrote:
longshotwi wrote:

The keyboard on the Curve is much better and the screen is also a little better imo.

Yeah I like the bigger screen and the full keyboard as opposed to the two letters-on-one-key/predictive type keyboard. They were the same price (free since work bought it! :-B ) so it really didn't matter. My boss has a Pearl and likes it just fine. EDIT: It's also got a better camera if that kind of thing is important to you. It's not to me but I'm sure it's a selling point for some.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:14 pm

I have the BB world edition from Verizon. Its pretty cool, like you said though it is hard to browse the cafe using it :-B
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:10 am

I've had a Pearl for a week and I'm quite happy with it. I wanted a smartphone that fits in your pocket easily and deos everything else. Looks like I have it now!
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:21 am

Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk