Iowa Caucuses - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Iowa Caucuses

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Iowa Caucuses

Postby soxfan364 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:21 pm

Exactly - Mitt spent more time as governor getting ready to run for President than he did caring about Mass. residents

bigken117 wrote:Maybe I'm being cynical here, but as a Mass resident, I pretty much despise Romney and his act. His final year in "office" he spent (approx) 272 days out of state posturing for this run...I feel like a fat pregnant girl who's husband stays out late at night, lies to me, finally leaves me, and flirts with the hottest girl at the party in front of me. If he doesn't earn the Republican ticket he gets dumped at the party and I feel like a winner. If he wins the Republican ticket he brings the hot girl home, and if he becomes president he will mail me a tape of him and her .... ahem.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:25 pm

soxfan364 wrote:Exactly - Mitt spent more time as governor getting ready to run for President than he did caring about Mass. residents

bigken117 wrote:Maybe I'm being cynical here, but as a Mass resident, I pretty much despise Romney and his act. His final year in "office" he spent (approx) 272 days out of state posturing for this run...I feel like a fat pregnant girl who's husband stays out late at night, lies to me, finally leaves me, and flirts with the hottest girl at the party in front of me. If he doesn't earn the Republican ticket he gets dumped at the party and I feel like a winner. If he wins the Republican ticket he brings the hot girl home, and if he becomes president he will mail me a tape of him and her .... ahem.

I thought that being governor of Mass just involved raising taxes and calling Belichick every February to congratulate him on another title.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby soxfan364 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:36 pm

Well that's a big part of it... esp. the taxes

Lofunzo wrote:I thought that being governor of Mass just involved raising taxes and calling Belichick every February to congratulate him on another title.
soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby statsman88 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:25 pm

I know this isn't Iowa, but did anyone watch the New Hampshire debates?

The more I watch Ron Paul, the more I like him. Fred Thompson looks like he's so old and boring that he could put himself to sleep while he's talking. I see some dislike on here for Romney, but actually I don't think he's awful, better option than some others.

I didn't get a chance to watch the democrats debate
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:15 pm

Coppermine wrote:I think the most poignant thing about these elections is how much more pundits and the media care about it than the general public.

I'm not 100% sure that this election might not generate more interest amongst the general public since it appears poised to be way more competitive. An FBC league vs. the usualy Yahoo Public League so to speak? I watched the debates last evening and have read through the 'issues' sections of each candidates website to see where they are at and there are some interesting issues going on that should have real impact on the lives of US citizens depending, of course, on which way the balls bounce in the legislature. Then again, there are always interesting issues talked about during the election and then everybody gets back to DC and gets cozy. :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:55 pm

I went out to see Obama and Hillary speak today. It was a long day of standing around but I'm glad I went. I can't say they said anything I haven't already heard from them, either from the debates or from clips on C-Span that I caught, but it was still cool to see them in person and shake some hands.

Chelsea looked pretty good in person too. O:-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:44 pm

I forgot in my earlier blatherings but remembered that last night, MrsAcidRock and I ended up watching the *edited* version of Eddie Murphy's 'Raw' on BET(which was kind of funny, since like 60% of it was edited...) and they had a commercial for a show 'What's in it for Me?' about Obama and their African-American audience.

Then, this morning, the pundits were talking about how he is still facing a big challenge in Clinton-stronghold South Carolina. I figured I'd DVR the BET show and check it out, just to get a different perspective on him or see if that segment of voters may dump Hillary and back him more solidly?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:44 am

AcidRock23 wrote:I figured I'd DVR the BET show and check it out, just to get a different perspective on him or see if that segment of voters may dump Hillary and back him more solidly?

It won't matter, just like MTV's 'Rock the Vote' campaigns never matter: the BET/MTV audience doesn't vote in large enough numbers to have any impact.

The way this is shaping up, I think Obama is going win the Demcratic nomination, then win the election in a landslide. I see him winning states that nobody would expect a Dem, especially a black Dem, to win, like Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, etc. The running mate that makes the most sense is Bill Richardson.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:I figured I'd DVR the BET show and check it out, just to get a different perspective on him or see if that segment of voters may dump Hillary and back him more solidly?

It won't matter, just like MTV's 'Rock the Vote' campaigns never matter: the BET/MTV audience doesn't vote in large enough numbers to have any impact.

The way this is shaping up, I think Obama is going win the Demcratic nomination, then win the election in a landslide. I see him winning states that nobody would expect a Dem, especially a black Dem, to win, like Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, etc. The running mate that makes the most sense is Bill Richardson.

I'm not sure, it seems like his spiel is almost 'infotainment' in it's approach and that people who's interests are more aligned than they may realize will be hopping onto his bandwagon for the fun of it and that this does hold some promise of uh change like he is selling? :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:34 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

I think it has become almost impossible for Democrat to carry Kansas, not like it really matters in the big scheme of things.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk