Return to Baseball Leftovers

AROD still goes #1 right?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:29 pm

No...gotta be Pujols

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bell » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:33 pm

Trot Nixon wrote:Random thought, where ever A-Rod goes, success doesn't follow...lets hope history repeats itself :-/

An example of the Red Sox nation grasping at straws? :-? ;-) I wouldn't discount the Mariners' 2000 season.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mighty Monks » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:No...gotta be Pujols

what an inciteful statement. A-rod was #1 before and with his 3rd base eligibility, he is still easily #1. Puljos is a solid #2, but not 1
Mighty Monks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ramble2 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:48 pm

Definitely he's still #1.

He's moving away from the best park to hit in to a ball park that is pretty neutral for RHB. But in that lineup he'll probably get a few more ABs. Look for the usual # of HRs, and a chance for a lot more RBI.

Any idea where he'll hit?

I'm guessing the Yanks lineup ends up looking something like:

Lofton
Jeter
A Rod
Sheff
Giambi
Matsui
Posada
Williams
2B
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby nsulham » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:49 pm

I would think A-Rod would get some time in at SS during the season. Now whether it's 15 games or not remains to be seen. If Jeter goes down for any amount of time, A-Rod will slide over to SS and get the 15 he needs to be eligible in Yahoo for '05.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtarail » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:52 pm

A-rod is still the clear #1. Check out the rotoworld article someone posted. They make some good points. Namely, that some of Arod's # may go down slightly in Yankee stadium, but his runs will definitely go up with all the bats around him. In fact, on paper the 2004 Yankees are the most menacing offensive team I have ever seen. Arod/Sheffield/Giambi/Jeter/Posada/Williams. Good god. If Matsui duplicates last year's stats...I don't wanna think about it....
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:07 pm

Mighty Monks wrote:
Anonymous wrote:No...gotta be Pujols

what an inciteful statement. A-rod was #1 before and with his 3rd base eligibility, he is still easily #1. Puljos is a solid #2, but not 1

The question was what happens if ARod plays 3B all year and loses ss eligibility. Any player is much more valuable as a ss as opposed to a 3B. ARODs numbers look great against anyone, but his 45Hrs look much better against the SS crop that hits 10-15 on average vs the 3B crop wher you have 4-5 other gusy that will hit 30-35 and drie in 100.

Without ss eligibility you have to look at the numbers. It's close, but I'd go with Pujols

Postby Mighty Monks » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:11 pm

well, compare puljos to a-rod, puljos is an OF and if you maybe 3b, 1b. Even if Arod is limited to 3b which I doubt he will, 3b is almost more shallow than SS. The best 3B is Rolen/Chavez who dont compare to Nomar still. That would inhance A-rods position if anything. And stat for stat, a-rods numbers are better, no question a-rod
Mighty Monks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Savoy Special » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:19 pm

I own ARod in a keeper so I am banking on Jeter hitting the DL at some point this year and allowing ARod to play SS for a couple of weeks.
Savoy Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:28 pm

Mighty Monks wrote:well, compare puljos to a-rod, puljos is an OF and if you maybe 3b, 1b. Even if Arod is limited to 3b which I doubt he will, 3b is almost more shallow than SS. The best 3B is Rolen/Chavez who dont compare to Nomar still. That would inhance A-rods position if anything. And stat for stat, a-rods numbers are better, no question a-rod

Stat for stat ARods numebrs are better???
Avg
Pujols: .359
ARod: .298

RBI
Pujols: 124
Arod: 118

Runs:
Pujols: 137
Arod: 124

HR
Pujols: 43
Arod: 47

SB
Arod: 17
Pujols: 5

OPS
Pujols: 1.106
Arod: .995

Hits:
Pujols: 212
Arod: 181

at least check the numbers before you make ridiculous comments.

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers