Middle INF - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Middle INF

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Middle INF

Postby Maow » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:16 am

Tejada for Bos. or Noonan for SF? Interested in everyones opinion, but I would love to hear what Koby has to say.
Maow
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Middle INF

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:47 am

I don't think Noonan will stay at short. His arm just isn't strong enough or accurate enough. I'd expect him to find a home at second. Offensively, he doesn't have a lot of power nor projectable power. Despite being a high school draftee, I'd expect him to move quickly through the Giants system provided he can make the adjustment to second base without a major hitch.

Tejeda of course is the more toolsy player but, like Noonan, lacks power and power potential. His defense is likely more suited for the outfield. He has a pretty good arm and range is very good. He's got a very nice swing but does get a little long. I think he's going to struggle moving up more than Noonan.

Overall, Noonan is less of a risk but his ceiling is far lower. They are close in age and have similar offensive profiles. Neither is likely, in my opinion, to stay at short. I'd take Tejeda for his potential over Noonan but Noonan is the far safer bet.
** http://www.moundtalk.com ** MLB June Mock Draft ongoing.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Maow » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:07 am

Thanks for the info. Any idea if the SB will stick for Noonan as he moves up?
Maow
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Koby Schellenger » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:19 am

Maow wrote:Thanks for the info. Any idea if the SB will stick for Noonan as he moves up?

No problem. Noonan's speed is above average and he's a smart baserunner. I'd expect him to be at least a 20 SB threat for a while.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Maow » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:58 pm

I was really hoping Noonan would be a lot like Ian Kinsler - just with a better avg. + more runs scored. Overall, what I am gathering from your opinion of him is that he should beat out Kinsler in avg., equal him in SB, but probably not reach his power #'s. Would that be a fair assessment - keeping in mind that he is still a long ways a way and much can change of course.
Maow
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Koby Schellenger » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:16 am

Maow wrote:I was really hoping Noonan would be a lot like Ian Kinsler - just with a better avg. + more runs scored. Overall, what I am gathering from your opinion of him is that he should beat out Kinsler in avg., equal him in SB, but probably not reach his power #'s. Would that be a fair assessment - keeping in mind that he is still a long ways a way and much can change of course.

I would say Noonan's likely big league production is better than Kinsler's average and slightly better stolen bases but below Kinsler's power. Runs and RBIs are wholly a derivative of the rest of the team. But, as you mention, Noonan is a long ways away and a lot can and will change.
Koby Schellenger
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball