to the hoop - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

to the hoop

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: to the hoop

Postby J35J » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:03 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Basketball just isn't the kind of sport where juicing is going to enhance your performance, in my opinion. If anything, it would probably be in gaining and retaining stamina, but juicing isn't likely to help in developing your jumpshot or in dunking.

Why does steriod use have to always be about making your "actual skills performance" better the only thing that matters. Where I'm sitting, staying healthy, , recovering quicker from injuries and having higher stamina levels(being able to continue to run up and down the court quicker and easier than the "non" juicer) is just as bad if not worse than anything else. :-?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pjalst » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:32 pm

J35J wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Basketball just isn't the kind of sport where juicing is going to enhance your performance, in my opinion. If anything, it would probably be in gaining and retaining stamina, but juicing isn't likely to help in developing your jumpshot or in dunking.

Why does steriod use have to always be about making your "actual skills performance" better the only thing that matters. Where I'm sitting, staying healthy, , recovering quicker from injuries and having higher stamina levels(being able to continue to run up and down the court quicker and easier than the "non" juicer) is just as bad if not worse than anything else. :-?

;-D +1
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 33)

Postby Madison » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:39 pm

pjalst wrote:
J35J wrote:

;-D +1

The other obvious would be leg strength. Dunking, rebounding, jump shots, defending, etc. Plus what J35J mentioned, so yes, I'd say jucing can have a definite effect on the game.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:34 pm

pjalst wrote:I think that in High school and College a lot of Players are pretty much preoccupied with classes and Practice. Once they get to the NBA and have a little more "freedom" is when they get into trouble.

I disagree. It has changed slightly as players have to play 1 year in college but why should they go to class?? Most that I have seen figure that their studies don't matter so they focus on basketball and other stuff. Of course, there are the select few that stay in college for 4 years and study their ass off but most that are definites for the NBA probably can't tell you where the campus bookstore is.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby nebgib5 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:06 am

J35J wrote:

I think most performance enhancing drugs would end up in some nasty basketball injuries. The aerobic exercise and athleticism required for basketball is far, far different than baseball.
nebgib5
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to General Talk