Passports - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Passports

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Passports

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:55 pm

Has anyone recently (read: last 6 months or so) applied for a passport??

How long did it take you to receive it?

A friend of mine just invited me on a cruise he won that departs on May 31st, and I just want to make sure I can get it in time...

I've been researching it on the net, and it seems like I'll be able to swing it, but with the new laws requring passports to Canada/Mexico I'm not sure how accurate those processing times are so I'm asking for first hand accounts here...

Thanks guys... ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Passports

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Where is the cruise going?

This summer my dad and step mom went on a cruise with my aunt, uncle, and grandmother, and my uncle who is a Canadian resident couldn't get his passport in time. He went to the dock anyways to see if they would let him on without it and they did. Their cruise was going to Bermuda. I don't know if it had anything to do with him being a Canadian citizen and their passport rules being different, but I don't think that would affect it.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:01 pm

It's going to the Caribbean.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:36 pm

Just found out it's March 31st not May 31st...

That gives me 12 weeks.

Ut-oh. :-[
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:49 pm

I haven't gotten mine recently but someone at my work did. I think you are looking at around 6 months.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:58 pm

My dad slacked off from renewing his passport for a year now. He sent his application to renew recently (last month) and he got his passport in a week or week and a half at latest. He didn't pay the extra fee to expedite processing. Seems odd, don't know if this has to do with my dad being a retired government employee or not.

I applied for a passport many moons ago, paid to expedite it, and I think I got it within a month.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby bigken117 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:01 pm

I got mine and it took 3 days.

I thought I was going to have to go to Germany for work. Gave them a flight detail. They expidited it with a surchrage ($157).

I ended up not going, still got my passport, and work paid for it ;-D

I think if you show them you are planning to travel outside the country they can expidite it for you with the surcharge.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:17 pm

Yeah, it looks like I'm going to expedite it.

Does anyone know the absolute maxium time it will take if I pay the surcharge to expedite it?

Also, does anyone know the fee? Two different sources...both links from the official page...one said $90 the other said $67.... %-6
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:52 pm

pokerplaya wrote:A friend of mine just invited me on a cruise he won that departs on May 31st, and I just want to make sure I can get it in time...

1. Is she hot? If so...
2. Do you have pics?

:-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:00 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:A friend of mine just invited me on a cruise he won that departs on May 31st, and I just want to make sure I can get it in time...

1. Is she hot? If so...
2. Do you have pics?

:-D

Hahaha...it's my best friend, and it's a he...but we're both fairly newly single and hopefully this cruise will be full of beautiful women... B-)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Next

Return to General Talk