Interesting McCain Article - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Interesting McCain Article

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Interesting McCain Article

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:30 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22403599/from/ET/

Very interesting. You notice he has a son serving in Iraq and yet he still stands behind his stance on Iraq. He also does not use his family like other people. It is sad that he is campaigning the way it should be done, based on what he says and not some dog and pony show, yet he will lose because he is not doing those things people supposedly hate. Such is politics
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Interesting McCain Article

Postby bigken117 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:59 pm

I appreciate McCain's candor compared to the phoniness that comes from almost every other politician - especially Romney - and even though I disagree with his stance on many things, knowing (well, thinking) that he will say what's on his mind is his appeal to me. I'm rooting for him.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:05 pm

bigken117 wrote:I appreciate McCain's candor compared to the phoniness that comes from almost every other politician - especially Romney - and even though I disagree with his stance on many things, knowing (well, thinking) that he will say what's on his mind is his appeal to me. I'm rooting for him.

I agree about about everything except disagreeing with him. I agree on a lot, although I do disagree with some. I totally agree with you about romney :-P
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:54 pm

The biggest tragedy is the "insurgence" (no pun intended) of Mike Huckabee. God help us if he wins (no pun intended again).
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:38 am

Coppermine wrote:The biggest tragedy is the "insurgence" (no pun intended) of Mike Huckabee. God help us if he wins (no pun intended again).

I totally agree. The far right scares the crap out of me :-o
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:24 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:The biggest tragedy is the "insurgence" (no pun intended) of Mike Huckabee. God help us if he wins (no pun intended again).

Why?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:03 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Why?

Just does. I usually vote republican because it is the closest thing to a Libertarian candidate as possible, but the ones that are on the far right are far to intrusive into your life.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:06 pm

alright Dray - now you have me confused. If you are a Libertarian - as am I - then you must know they are the far right - by definition. Libertarians are much further right than republicans. Maybe you are making the mistake of labeling a Christian as being "far right" as the media and the left often try and do? Maybe religious people are listed as far right because of their morals, but arent left/right descriptions usually based more on economics than morals?

As far as Huckabee is concerned, I wont vote for him either, but its because of his stances. He's pretty far to the left on a number of issues.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:50 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:alright Dray - now you have me confused. If you are a Libertarian - as am I - then you must know they are the far right - by definition. Libertarians are much further right than republicans. Maybe you are making the mistake of labeling a Christian as being "far right" as the media and the left often try and do? Maybe religious people are listed as far right because of their morals, but arent left/right descriptions usually based more on economics than morals?

As far as Huckabee is concerned, I wont vote for him either, but its because of his stances. He's pretty far to the left on a number of issues.

Sorry that is what I meant. I was using the gen pop def of far right, which is the Christian right basically.

I know that Libertarians are further right, I was using the definition I figured most were familiar with
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:45 pm

The terms Left & Right are not usually used to describe economic stances more than social stances. And currently it is quite the opposite. I think most people right now would associate the left with socially progressive and the right with socially conservative. This is not a mistake by the media since these terms are not absolute. The reason people don't call Libertarians far right is because it would be misleading.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk