So does this make AROD the number one pick again? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

So does this make AROD the number one pick again?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

So does this make AROD the number one pick again?

Postby wrveres » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:01 am

;-) Curious ... I mean 3rd is a very deep position.. and he is on a pretty good team. Heck Rotochamps might even have AROD out-earning Carl Crawford now. ;-D

and who is going to be at 2B for the Yankees? Miguel Cairo? they are gonna have to go get somebody. They just filled a hole with a 27 million a year player and created a new one. How is that smart baseball? Unless of course Sheffield wants to start taking grounders there too...

chit, I step away for a day, and all of Baseball gets flipped on its fricking head. Next thing ya know Kevin Brown will want to be in pinstripes also. Anything to be close to his family, right ;-7

And if ya think Hicks is going to put his new "savings" into the Rangers, Ya got another lie coming. A couple of them probably.

In closing on this black day for basseball ....

George Steinbrenner Sucks .... and can suck my ....................
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: So does this make AROD the number one pick again?

Postby kentx12 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:13 am

wrveres wrote:;-) Curious ... I mean 3rd is a very deep position.. and he is on a pretty good team. Heck Rotochamps might even have AROD out-earning Carl Crawford now. ;-D

and who is going to be at 2B for the Yankees? Miguel Cairo? they are gonna have to go get somebody. They just filled a hole with a 27 million a year player and created a new one. How is that smart baseball? Unless of course Sheffield wants to start taking grounders there too...

chit, I step away for a day, and all of Baseball gets flipped on its fricking head. Next thing ya know Kevin Brown will want to be in pinstripes also. Anything to be close to his family, right ;-7

And if ya think Hicks is going to put his new "savings" into the Rangers, Ya got another lie coming. A couple of them probably.

Very nicely said wrveres ;-D

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mikcou » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:23 am

kentx12 wrote:
wrveres wrote:;-) Curious ... I mean 3rd is a very deep position.. and he is on a pretty good team. Heck Rotochamps might even have AROD out-earning Carl Crawford now. ;-D

Very nicely said wrveres ;-D

lol
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wkelly91 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:39 am

They just filled a hole with a 27 million a year player and created a new one. How is that smart baseball? Unless of course Sheffield wants to start taking grounders there too...

Comparing Soriano with A-Rod is laughable. Soriano is good but he is no A-rod. In fact, by him leaving it strengthens their defense, and nullifies the issue of who will be leading off.

Good deal for the Yank-offs ;-)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Captain Jack Sparrow » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:03 am

to me it re-emphasizes a-rod as the #1 pick.

He'll have better line-up protection and now he'll be eligible at SS AND 3B!

Heck maybe he even gets in 20 games at 2B, when george buys eric chavez at the trade deadline.
Captain Jack Sparrow
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Erboes » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:14 am

I don't know if his numbers will be better because Yankee stadium is tradionally not kind to righthanded power hitters. I also have my doubts whether playing on a winning team is actually good for his stats. It just seems easier to pad your stats in a losing situation. I also don't think he had a problem with protection in Texas, so I don't believe that will be that much of an improvement.

I do think moving to third will help his value. There are really only 2 good 3b's out there and none of them are close to A-Rod. At short you have a half dozen good ones, and he was only a buck better than the second best SS last season.

Overall, though, I think his days of hitting 50 are over, but scoring and driving in more runs may offset it. Average and SB's are a question, however.
Erboes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby swingaway » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:19 am

Hello to the 200 million dollar payroll yankees lol thats more than 3 teams combined.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Lightning Rod

Postby Sunspot » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:34 am

So, Arod is now going to be the scapegoat for New York fans when they don't win it all again this year. He will be miserable and want to be traded in a year. I think the Yankees did this just to say "Hey, We Are Still The Yankees" You know what I mean. :-b
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby reiser » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:36 am

Sportsline mentioned that the fantasy winner here is Soriano as he heads into a very power friendly stadium. if he stays in the infield at Texas, he's the new #1.
larry
reiser

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby sigtaulefty » Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:49 am

A-rod would still be my first pick if I had it. Sori stays #3 behind Pujols. I don't think A-rod's power numbers take too significant a hit even with Death Valley.

Cairo probably goes to second, and with a .987 fielding % he's a smart play there. Batting in the 9 hole, it doesn't really matter if he hits .245 - it's his defense New York needs the most.
[b]"I'd like the thank the good lord for making me a Yankee"[/b] - Joe DiMaggio
sigtaulefty
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers